Reese’s Cheesecake Brownie Bars are rich, sweet, and chocolaty. They’re loaded with the sweet taste of brownies and the sweetened tang of cheesecake.
Brownies are a classic dessert. Cheesecake is a classic dessert. So we thought we’d put them together and see what we got. What we got was a delicious sweet treat that everyone loves. These brownies are absolutely delicious, and they make a great addition to any potluck or party and a fun family dessert.
Over the years, we’ve made all kinds of desserts, from pies to poke cakes and everything in between. Lately, we’ve been loving these cheesecake brownie bars. We use mini Reese’s Cups to change things up for a bit of a different flavor, and they’re amazing!
Reese’s Cheesecake Brownie Bars
These delicious cheesecake brownie bars feature a base layer of rich, chocolaty brownie topped by a layer of decadent cheesecake filled with mini Reese’s Cups. What you end up with is a sweet dessert bar that explodes with flavor in every bite. Rich, chocolate brownies and sweet, tangy cheesecake infused with the chocolate and peanut butter flavors of Reese’s meld together to create a delicious blend of flavors in every mouthful that will have everyone coming back for more.
Reese’s Cheesecake Brownie Bar Ingredients
It only takes about a handful of ingredients to make this recipe. You’ll find most of them in your kitchen already, and the rest are easily found at your local grocery store.
- Brownie mix
- Room temperature cream cheese
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Marshmallow fluff
- Chopped mini Reese’s Cups
**See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
You’ll only need a few basic pieces of kitchen equipment to make this recipe.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Hand mixer
- Baking dish
Reese’s Cheesecake Brownie Bar Instructions
You will be baking the cheesecake for this recipe, so there are a few steps to it. However, when you break them all down, you’ll find that they’re all very easy.
Step 1: Bake the Brownies
Prepare the brownie batter per box directions, then bake it for the specified amount of time at the specified heat in a 9×9 baking pan.
Step 2: Compact the Brownie
Allow the brownie to cool enough to touch, then use a large spoon to lightly press down the brownie to compact it slightly.
Step 3: Cream Sugar and Cream Cheese
Using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl until smooth and creamy.
Step 4: Add the Remaining Cheesecake Ingredients
Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Then add the marshmallow fluff and mix again. Finally, fold in the chopped mini Reese’s Cups unit well incorporated.
Step 5: Spread Over the Brownie
Pour the cheesecake batter over the brownie and spread it evenly.
Step 6: Bake
Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. After 20 minutes, reduce the heat to 200 degrees and bake for another 30 minutes. DO NOT open the oven. Finally, after 30 minutes, turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside it for another 10 minutes.
Step 7: Cool
Remove the cheesecake brownie from the oven and let it come to room temperature. Then, cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
Step 8: Cut and Serve
Cut the Reese’s cheesecake brownie into 12 squares and serve with fresh fruit or just as it is. Enjoy!
Hint: Follow the baking instructions exactly to prevent your cheesecake from cracking.
Store these cheesecake brownies in an air-tight container for 5 to 7 days in the refrigerator. For longer storage, you can freeze them for up to a month.
Reese’s Cheesecake Brownie Bar Tips
On the whole, this is an easy recipe to make, but baking the cheesecake portion can be a bit tricky. If you follow these tips, however, you should have no problems.
Follow the Baking Instructions Exactly – This recipe gives you the exact instructions to bake the cheesecake perfectly with no cracking. Don’t deviate from them.
Fully Softened Cream Cheese – In order to get that creamy texture for the base of your cheesecake batter, the cream cheese should be fully softened.
A Little Pressure Goes a Long Way – When pressing down the brownie, just give it a little press. You just want to form it into a dense brownie base. You’re not trying to compress it down to a crust.
More Reese’s Recipes
If you like Reese’s, then we have some recipe that we think you’ll love.
Reese’s Cheesecake Brownie Bar FAQ
Do you have questions about this Reese’s cheesecake brownie bar recipe? The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions.
Why does cheesecake crack?
Cheesecake contracts as it cools. If it cools too quickly or the sides of the cheesecake stick to the pan, it creates cracks.
Why do you cool cheesecake in the oven?
Leaving the cheesecake in the oven to cool allows it to contract at a slower rate, helping to reduce the chances of cracking.
Why can’t you open the oven door when baking cheesecake?
Opening the oven door creates a draft which can cause the cheesecake to crack.
How long is cheesecake good?
It will last in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days.
Can I freeze these Reese’s cheesecake brownie bars?
Yes, you can. You can wrap them tightly in a double layer of cling wrap, then place them in an air-tight, freezer-safe container for up to a month.
How do I defrost cheesecake?
Place it in the refrigerator overnight.
Try These Reese’s Cheesecake Brownie Bars
These delicious Reese’s cheesecake brownie bars are so rich and sweet, and they’re easier to make than you might think. The steps to make this recipe are simple, and the finished product is always a crowd-pleaser. Give it a try, and we know you’ll find yourself making it again and again.
MORE RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
Reese’s Cheesecake Brownie Bars
- 1 box Brownie mix
- 16 ounce Cream cheese- room temperature
- ¼ cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ cup Marshmallow fluff
- 1 cup Mini Reese’s Cups- chopped
- Prepare the brownie mix as the instructions are listed on the box.
- Bake in a prepared 9×9 pan following the temperature and time instructions on the box. Once baked, allow it to cool enough to touch.
- Using a large spoon, lightly press down on the brownie to compact it down slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To start the filling, place the cream cheese and sugar into a mixing bowl. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract. Once well combined, add in the marshmallow fluff and mix.
- Fold in the chopped mini Reese’s Cups until well incorporated.
- Pour over the brownie and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Once the 20 minutes are up, without opening the oven door, reduce the heat to 200 degrees and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Once finished baking, turn the oven off leaving the cheesecake inside for 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow the cheesecake to come to room temperature.
- Once at room temperature, cover, and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- Once chilled, take out and cut into 12 squares.
- Serve with fresh fruit or enjoy as is.
- It is VERY important to follow the baking and cooling instructions to ensure no cracks are formed.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.