These No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars are decadent, creamy, and so delicious. Filled with rich cream cheese, Cool Whip, and strawberries, this recipe is all about flavor and not work!
Cheesecake bars are such a delicious dessert. They’re creamy and sweet, and they always seem to be welcome at any event and by everyone there. We’ve made several kinds of cheesecake bars over the years, but one that we keep coming back to again and again is our no bake strawberry cheesecake bars.
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
If you ask us, these no bake strawberry cheesecake bars are the perfect dessert. They’re rich and creamy and overflowing with the deliciousness of fresh strawberries. We tend to make this recipe quite a bit when strawberries are in season because the flavor is just so incredible.
There’s really nothing like fresh strawberries, and this recipe takes full advantage of that. It uses over a cup of fresh chopped strawberries to create a dessert that’s perfect for spring and summer. Another huge bonus is that this recipe is super easy, as well. That means you can zip in and out of the kitchen in no time and have a dessert that everyone loves. It doesn’t get much better than that.
It only takes a few ingredients to make this ridiculously easy cheesecake bar recipe, and you probably already have most of the ingredients in your kitchen already. The ingredients you don’t have are all readily available at the grocery store. There are no extravagant ingredients here, just simple goodness. Here’s what you’ll need.
For the Crust
- Graham crackers, crushed
- Butter, melted
For the Cheesecake
- Cream cheese
- Strawberries, chopped
- Cool Whip
- Whipped cream and fresh strawberries (for topping)
That’s all there is to it. It’s a short and sweet ingredient list that’s super easy to shop for. And speaking of super easy…
Making the Cheesecake Bars
Making these no bake strawberry cheesecake bars is just as easy as wrangling the ingredients. This is a super simple and straightforward recipe that comes together in a flash. You’ll find the complete recipe with amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post, but the overview that follows will give you an idea of just how easy this recipe is.
- Line a square baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a food processor, blend graham crackers into crumbs. Or buy them already crushed.
- Add sugar and melted butter and blend until combined.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into baking dish.
- Freeze for about 45 minutes.
- While the crust is freezer, blend chopped strawberries and sugar in the food processor.
- Add the softened cream cheese and vanilla and blend will.
- Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Pour the strawberry mixture over the graham cracker crust.
- Freeze for at least four house.
- Cut into slices and let thaw for about 30 minutes to soften before serving.
As you might expect with a recipe like this, you can use almost any fruit you want with this recipe, and it will be amazing. We used strawberries, but all berries will work well. You could even use peaches or apricots and have something so good. Right now, we’re contemplating use apples and cinnamon to create an apple cinnamon cream cheese bar. Get creative!
This recipe is so easy, there aren’t a lot of tips here. It’s one of those recipes that you’d almost have to intentionally try to screw up to not make something delicious. So we only have a couple of things to note here for all of you before you get down to no baking business.
Cut up or Soften the Cream Cheese
Because you’re using a food processor, you don’t need to soften the cream cheese, although it helps. We strongly suggest that you do softened it. If you choose not to soften the cream cheese, be sure to cut it into small pieces so the food processor can blend it more easily with the other ingredients.
Fold in the Cool Whip
The key to keeping these no bake strawberry cheesecake bars light and creamy is to fold in the Cool Whip. Folding allows all the air that you trapped into your cream cheese mixture to remain, which keeps the entire thing light and airy. If you stir in the Cool Whip, it will lose that great texture.
Serving No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
It’s as easy to serve these bars as it is to make them. Simply cut out the squares, let them sit for about 30 minutes, and then serve. We like to top our bars with whipped cream and strawberries to really make things pop.
These are perfect for any summertime occasion, from backyard barbecues to pool parties and everything in between. They’re so refreshing on a hot summer day!
Storing No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
These cheesecake bars need to be kept in the freezer, so storing them is as simple as everything else about this recipe. Simply cover the original baking dish tightly in cling wrap and keep your no bake strawberry cheesecake bars in the freezer for up to one month.
It’s important that you eat them within that time frame. While leaving them in the freezer longer than that isn’t dangerous, their flavor and texture will begin to degrade eventually.
Before you go, take a quick look at this FAQ section. It answers the most common questions related to this recipe. It’s a great resource for quick reference.
Why is my strawberry cream cheese mixture lumpy?
You probably didn’t blend it well enough in the food processor. Let your cream cheese soften to room temperature before using it.
Why won’t my crust stay together?
When making your graham cracker crust, it’s important to really pulverize it in the food processor. If you have chunks, the graham cracker won’t bind well with the butter, and it will fall apart with you cut out a square.
Can I use other berries in this recipe?
Absolutely! You can use almost any fruit you want with this recipe. If it can be chopped up in the food processor, it’s worth a try.
How long will these cheesecake bars last?
These no bake strawberry cheesecake bars will keep well in the freezer for about a month covered tightly with clingwrap.
Try These No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
These no bake strawberry cheesecake bars are rich, delicious, satisfying, and so, so easy. It’s the kind of recipe that makes you look like a superhero with little to no effort. In fact, the most arduous part of this recipe is simply washing your food processor. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
Give this recipe a try, and we know you’ll love it as much as we do. With so few ingredients, so little work, and so much flavor, these no bake strawberry cheesecake bars are a winner on every level.
OTHER NO BAKE RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
For the Crust:
- 1 ½ cups graham crackers (about 8 rectangles)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons Butter, melted
For the Cheesecake:
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Cool Whip, thawed
- Whipped cream and fresh strawberries for topping
- Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In your food processor or blender, add graham crackers and blend into crumbs. Add sugar and melted butter.
- Blend until well combined. Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of your square baking dish. Place this into the freezer for 45 minutes.
- While the crust is chilling, prepare the cheesecake filling. Add strawberries and sugar to your food processor or a blender; blend until the strawberries are chopped up nicely.
- Add cream cheese and vanilla. Blend until smooth and well combined. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and fold in the cool whip.
- Pour the strawberry mixture over the graham cracker crust and smooth evenly with a spoon or spatula.
- Cover bars with plastic wrap. Place into the freezer for 4 hours. If your not serving right away you can leave in the freezer overnight.
- Let the cheesecake bars thaw on the counter for 30 minutes or so before serving to soften. Lift the bars out of the pan by the corners of the parchment paper. Pace on a cutting board and cut into 12 bars.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.