Puff Pastry Pizza Bites take pizza to the next level. Like all pizza bites, they’re loaded with cheese and pepperoni. But puff pastry is used instead of other dough to make a light, puffy, flaky bite that’s perfect when dipped in marinara sauce.
Although we love Italian food, we’re not chained to traditional Italian cooking. We love to shake things up! That’s why we love making these pizza bites with puff pastry for an interesting and delicious new take on pizza bites.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only uses a handful of simple ingredients.
- It’s a ridiculously easy recipe that’s ready in minutes.
- It’s one of the best pizza bites recipes you’ll ever make.
You’ll find everything you need for this recipe in one quick trip to the grocery store. It’s that easy. Check the recipe card at the end of the post for exact amounts.
- Puff pastry dough, thawed
- String cheese
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
🔪 How to Make Puff Pastry Pizza Bites
Making these bites only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish, and it’s made up of simple steps.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: Cut and Layer
First, roll out the crescent dough and cut it into 3 strips. Then, add 10 pieces of pepperoni along the center of each strip. Top with 2 pieces of string cheese.
Step 3: Wrap and Slice
Wrap the edges of the dough around the pepperoni and cheese and pinch to seal the seams. Then, slice each piece into 1-inch pieces.
Step 4: Season
Once they are sliced place the bites on the prepared baking sheet and brush them with egg. Then, top them with parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
Step 5: Bake
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the cheese is melted and the puff pastry is golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce and enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Sprinkle the bites with red pepper flakes before baking.
- Italian Sausage – Try crumbled Italian sausage in place of pepperoni.
- Puff Pastry – We love this with puff pastry, but you can use pizza dough or crescent dough.
If you love pizza bites, then check out our deep dish pizza bites.
- Measuring spoons
- Baking sheet
- Parchmen paper
Refrigerate these bites for up to 4 days in an air-tight container. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
- Your puff pastry should be thawed but still cold while you work with it to prevent ripping or tearing.
- Marinara sauce is the BEST dipping sauce ever with these pizza bites.
- Use a sharp knife when cutting the pizza bites so you don’t squish them.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Pizza bites are appetizers made with pizza ingredients that are wrapped up in dough.
Absolutely not. They were invented in the 1960s by Jeno Paulucci. They’re delicious, but not authentic Italian food.
Baked puff pastry is light, crispy, and flaky.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy pizza? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Puff Pastry Pizza Bites
- Cutting board
- Parchment Lined Baking Sheet
- sharp knife
- small bowl
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough thawed
- 30 slices pepperoni
- 6 pieces string cheese
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and cut it into three strips.
- Lay 10 pieces of pepperoni in a row along the center of each strip.
- Top the pepperoni with two pieces of string cheese.
- Wrap the edges of each dough strip around the cheese and pepperoni and pinch to seal the seams.
- Slice each piece into one-inch slices.
- Place the pieces on the prepared baking sheet and brush with egg.
- Top with parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the puff pastry is golden brown.