Air Fryer Spinach Mozzarella Sticks take the classic appetizer and turns it on its head. These sticks are full of mozzarella and spinach, then they’re air fried to get that crispy coating without all the mess.
We love mozzarella sticks, but we’re not fans of cleaning up spattered oil or getting spattered with hot oil. They’re both terrible! We love making this mozzarella stick variation because it’s air fried, and the spinach is a great added flavor.
These air fryer spinach mozzarella sticks are so crispy, melty and come together in no time! We use mozzarella sticks, pepper jack sticks, baby spinach and the secret to getting super crispy mozzarella sticks in the air fryer, egg roll wrappers! These all come together to make amazing mozzarella sticks that everyone will love!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It uses simple recipes that you can easily find at your local grocery store.
- It’s an easy recipe that only takes a few minutes to make.
- The spinach and mozzarella taste so good together.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll only need a handful of ingredients to make this recipe, and they’re all readily available at your local grocery store. The main ingredients are here, but you’ll find the complete list of ingredients along with amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Mozzarella string cheese sticks
- Pepper jack cheese sticks
- Baby spinach
- Egg roll wrappers
- Marinara for dipping
🔪 How to Make Air Fryer Spinach Mozzarella Sticks
Making these mozzarella sticks is extremely simple. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time!
Step 1: Add the Filling
Lay out an egg roll wrapper and lay a strip of spinach down the middle. Then, place a cheese stick on top of the spinach.
Step 2: Roll Up
Dip a finger in water and wet all the wrapper edges. Then, fold one side of the wrapper tightly over the cheese. Tuck in the top and bottom of the wrapper and roll it to close. Repeat the filling and rolling with the remaining wrappers.
Step 3: Chill
Chill the mozzarella sticks for 15 to 30 minutes.
Step 4: Air Fry
Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick spray and add 6 cheese sticks to the basket. Then, spray the chees sticks with nonstick spray. Air fry for 11 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Check for doneness at 10 minutes. Serve with marinara and enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Pizza Sticks – Make these with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
- Cheddar Sticks – Make these with cheddar sticks for a bolder flavor.
If you think these sound good, we think you’ll love these pepperoni pizza wheels.
- Nonstick spray
- Air fryer
Store these in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an air-tight container. For longer storage, you can freeze them for up to a month in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
- Don’t overcrowd your air fryer. The cheese sticks shouldn’t touch.
- Check your sticks for doneness at 10 minutes, as air fryers vary.
- It’s important to chill your sticks so the cheese doesn’t leak out while air frying.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
The egg roll wrappers get nice and crispy without making a mess of batter.
Chilling the sticks keeps the cheese from seeping out of the wrappers because the cold cheese won’t melt as quickly.
It could be three things. If you didn’t chill the sticks long enough, if you had a tear in your wrapper, or if you cooked them too long.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy spinach? Then try these delicious recipes:
- Spinach Artichoke Crescent Rolls
- Bacon and Spinach Pasta with Parmesan
- Cheesy Chicken Spinach Lasagna
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Air Fryer Spinach Mozzarella Sticks
- Nonstick spray
- Air Fryer
- 6 mozzarella string cheese sticks
- 6 pepperjack cheese sticks
- 1 ½ cups baby spinach
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Spray oil or vegetable oil to brush on
- Water for sealing
- Marinara for dipping.
- Lay out an egg roll wrapper.
- Dip a finger in water and wet all the edges.
- Lay a strip of spinach down the middle of the egg roll wrapper.
- Place a cheese stick in the middle.
- Fold one side of the wrapper over the cheese tightly.
- Tuck in the top and bottom of the wrapper.
- Roll to close.
- Repeat with all the cheese sticks.
- Place the cheese sticks in the fridge for 15-30 minutes to chill.
- Spray your air fryer with a bit of oil and place 6 cheese sticks in the air fryer basket. You do not want them to touch so if your air fryer is smaller you may need to put in less than 6.
- Spray or brush the tops of the cheese sticks with oil.
- Air fry at 350 degrees for 11-15 minutes. This really depends on your air fryer as they vary a lot. So start checking around 10 minutes to see if they are lightly golden.
Leave a Reply