These Pina Colada Muffins are a great way to add some tropical flavor to your muffin repertoire. They have a moist, fluffy texture and are filled with sweet pineapple pieces and coconut flakes for an extra pop of flavor.
Enjoy these muffins as part of a delicious breakfast or snack any time of the day! They are also great for taking on picnics or just keeping around the house. They are sure to be a hit with friends and family. Plus, they’re quick and easy to make!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These Pina Colada Muffins are deliciously moist and flavorful. They have pineapple pieces and coconut flakes for an extra pop of flavor, making them a great breakfast or snack option any time of the day!
- Plus, they’re quick and easy to make – perfect for busy mornings or when you need a sweet treat on the go.
- You can make them ahead of time and enjoy them for days.
- They also freeze well, so you can make a big batch and save some for later.
To make these delicious tropical-flavored muffins you will need a few simple ingredients. The benefit of these ingredients is that they are all easy to find at your local grocery store, which means you don’t have to worry about tracking down costly ingredients.
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- crushed pineapple
- toasted shredded coconut
- maraschino cherries, chopped
- rum flavored extract
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Pina Colada Muffins
Making these tender muffins is so simple. Just follow the directions below and you will delicious muffins in no time at all.
Step 1: Preheat the oven and prepare your muffin pan
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line your muffin pan with paper liners.
Step 2: Combine the dry ingredients
In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, Whisk to combine. Set to the side.
Step 3: Beat together the egg and milk
In a medium bowl, beat together egg and milk.
Step 4: Toast the coconut
Add a small saucepan of butter and coconut. Place over medium heat and cook until golden brown. Make sure to stir often. Set to the side to cool.
Step 5: Add the remaining wet ingredients to the egg mixture
Stir in pineapple, coconut, cherries, and rum extract.
Step 6: Combine the wet and dry ingredients
Add to flour mixture; stir until mixed (batter will be stiff).
Step 7: Fill the muffin tin
Using an ice cream scoop. Scoop batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about two-thirds full. Sprinkle the remaining coconut on top of the batter.
Step 8: Bake the muffins
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out dry. Let cool.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
Fruits: Try different fruits such as apples, bananas, or mangos.
Extract: Substitute coconut extract for rum extract.
Nuts: Top the muffins with chopped nuts or sprinkles before baking.
If you love pineapple coconut you may also enjoy this Pineapple Coconut Poke Cake recipe. It’s moist and super delicious. You won’t regret making it.
Before you get started on this recipe you will need a few pieces of equipment:
- Muffin pan
- Medium bowl
- Large bowl
- Ice cream scoop
- Small saucepan
If you have leftover muffins, make sure to store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the muffins for up to 1 month. To thaw, simply place the frozen muffins in the refrigerator overnight.
Here are a few tips that you can use to make sure that these pina colada muffins turn out perfectly for you every time that you make them.
- If you have leftover muffins, make sure to store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Make sure that you allow the egg to fully come to room temperature before you start to make these muffins.
- If you don’t have any rum extract on hand, you can use vanilla or almond extract instead.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
The key to keeping your muffins moist is to not overbake them.
When muffins are done they will be golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin should come out clean.
You should fill the muffin liners about two-thirds full.
🍽 More Pina Colada Recipes
Do you enjoy pina coladas try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Pina Colada Muffins
- muffin pan
- cupcake liners
- large mixing bowl
- small saucepan
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg room temp
- 1/2 cup milk
- ½ cup crushed pineapple drained
- 1 cup toasted shredded coconut divided by half
- 1 teaspoon butter
- ½ cup maraschino cherries chopped
- 1 teaspoon rum flavored extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line your muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt,
- Whisk to combine.
- Set to the side.
- In a medium bowl, beat together egg and milk.
- Add in a small saucepan butter and coconut.
- Place over medium heat and cook until golden brown.
- Make sure to stir often.
- Set to the side to cool.
- Stir in pineapple, coconut, cherries, and rum extract.
- Add to flour mixture; stir until mixed (batter will be stiff).
- Using an ice cream scoop. Scoop batter into prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
- Sprinkle remaining coconut on top of the batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out dry.
- Let cool.