These Banana Coconut Muffins are one of the breakfast and brunch treats that you will ever make, They are so easy to make with only simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
This muffin is soft, moist, and bursting with fresh banana flavor! The combination of banana and shredded coconut adds a tropical twist to these classic muffins making them out of this world delicious.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It is made with simple ingredients and is very easy to make.
- Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or as a snack.
- Soft, moist, and full of fresh banana flavor.
- Deliciously tropical with the addition of shredded coconut.
You only need a few simple ingredients to help you make this simple recipe. Gather these ingredients on your next trip to the grocery store so that you can start off your day with one of these tropical muffins.
- large bananas
- vegetable oil
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- large eggs
- vanilla extract
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- ground cinnamon
- baking soda
- mini chocolate chips
- sweetened coconut flakes
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Banana Coconut Muffin
Making these muffins is so simple. Just follow the step-by-step directions below and you will have some delicious muffins that your whole family will love in no time at all.
Step 1: Preheat the oven and prepare your baking dish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with liners or grease with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 2: Mix together the wet ingredients
In a large bowl, stir together the mashed banana, vegetable oil, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
Step 3: Add in the dry ingredients
Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and stir until just combined.
Step 4: Add the chocolate and coconut
Fold in the mini chocolate chips and the coconut flakes.
Step 5: Add the batter to the pan
Spoon the mixture into each baking cup until the cup is full. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips and sweetened coconut over the top of each muffin, if desired.
Step 6: Bake the muffins
Bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 22 minutes for full sized muffins or 12 to 15 minutes for mini muffins, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Swap out the chocolate chips for your favorite type of chocolate, such as white or dark chocolate chunks.
- Add in some chopped nuts for a little crunch and extra protein.
- Change up the flavor by using different extracts, like almond or coconut extract, instead of vanilla.
If you love making homemade muffins like this, then you may also enjoy this delicious Pina Colada Muffin recipe.
This is a quick list of the equipment that you will need to make this delicious muffin recipe:
- muffin pan
- large mixing bowl
- whisk or wooden spoon
Store the muffins at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the muffins for up to 3 months.
Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind while making these banana coconut muffins:
- Use ripe bananas for the best flavor and texture.
- Don’t overmix the batter, as this can result in tough muffins.
- Add the chocolate chips and coconut at the end to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins during baking.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
To keep your muffins moist and fluffy, store them in an airtight container or freeze them for future enjoyment.
Both oil and butter can be used in muffin recipes, but using oil will result in a moister texture while using butter may give the muffins a richer flavor. It ultimately depends on personal preference.
Yes, you can freeze these homemade muffins for up to 3 months. Just make sure to store them in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag.
🍽 More Muffin Recipes
Do you enjoy muffins? If so, try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Banana Coconut Muffins
- muffin pan
- large mixing bowl
- 3 large bananas mashed
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips plus more for topping
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes plus more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with liners or grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the mashed banana, vegetable oil, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips and the coconut flakes.
- Spoon the mixture into each baking cup until the cup is full. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips and sweetened coconut over the top of each muffin, if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 22 minutes for full sized muffins or 12 to 15 minutes for mini muffins, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.