Pizza Chicken Bake
Pizza Chicken Bake – A meal the whole family can agree on. We never have leftovers. Do you ever just not know what to make for dinner? I always have chicken in the house. I mean when it’s on sale at my market I buy it in bulk and freeze it in serving size packages for dinner.
I do that with many meats. I love having a freezer in the basement. I like to be able to stock up when things are on sale and grab what I need for dinner and not have to worry about paying full price or running to the market last minute for something.
Pizza Chicken Bake is always a hit! We love pizza anything in my house. And we have chicken a few times a week so chicken and pizza go so well together for us . It’s easy to make and so good. And I love anything that is easy and tasty. Let’s face it, it makes my life easier I’m all for it.
I remember the first time I made this. I said we are having pizza chicken for dinner. Well everyone was like “Pizza Chicken? Eww ” Like it didn’t sound right or I was trying to give them some horrible dish for dinner. Well after one bite everyone changed their minds on that one!!
I make it many different ways. With veggies or with out and pepperoni. Whatever is in the fridge will work for this. I sometimes use Mozzarella, Feta cheese and Kalamata Olives. Seriously whatever is in the house.
I am sharing the basic recipe but make sure to add your own toppings you like. I almost always add pepperoni because the family likes it. I also add mushrooms and onions. And chopped scallions on top. This makes great lunch leftovers and also freezes well.
Pizza Chicken Bake
We love pizza anything in my house. And we have chicken a few times a week so chicken and pizza go so well together. It’s easy to make and so good. I make it many different ways. With veggies or with out and pepperoni. Whatever is in the fridge will work for this.
- 4 large chicken breasts boneless and skinned
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 40 slices f pepperoni
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup pasta sauce low sugar if your doing low carb
- In a small bowl mix garlic powder, oregano and basil and sprinkle on both sides of chicken.
- In a large fry pan , add oil and heat until hot. Add chicken breasts in 2 batches and saute each
- breast on both sides. Don't over cook as they will finish cooking in the oven. You just want to lightly brown them a bit.
- When chicken is cooked transfer to a glass baking dish. I use a 9 x 13 size.
- Top each chicken breast with sauce. Sprinkle cheese on sauce then place about 4 slices of pepperoni on each chicken breast or as many as you like.
- Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes.
Copyright © Maria’s Mixing Bowl. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.