These Pumpkin Gooey Bars are a delicious treat that is filled with creamy pumpkin and ooey-gooey goodness. These sweet bars are filled with delicious fall flavors and warm spices.
If you ask us one of the best things about fall is pumpkin and these bars are sure to be a hit! The combination of pumpkin, cream cheese, and spice creates a flavor that can’t be beaten.
These bars are an easy treat that can be made in no time. All you need is a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time. What are you waiting for?
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These Pumpkin Gooey Bars are filled with creamy pumpkin and ooey-gooey goodness.
- Sweet bars are filled with delicious fall flavors and warm spices.
- It’s an easy treat that can be made in about an hour of active time.
You only need a few simple ingredients to make these bars. So, you don’t have to worry about trying to track down hard to find or expensive ingredients at your local grocery store. You won’t regret making this sweet treat.
- yellow cake mix
- melted butter
- large eggs
- cream cheese
- pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Vanilla extra
- powdered sugar
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make These Pumpkin Gooey Bars
Making this sweet dessert is so easy just follow the step-by-step instructions here or in the recipe card at the bottom of this post and you will have a fall dessert to share with your family and friends in no time at all.
Step 1: Preheat the oven and prepare your baking dish and prepare your baking dish
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit, and line a 13×9 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
Step 2: Make the batter
In a large mixing bowl, fold together cake mix, ½ cup melted butter, and 1 egg, until a dough forms.
Step 3: Add the dough to the pan
Press the dough into the bottom of the parchment lined baking dish.
Step 4: Make a cream cheese layer
In another large bowl, beat cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla, until smooth. And, then add pumpkin puree, ½ cup melted butter, 3 eggs, and mix well to combine. And, then mix in powdered sugar, until combined.
Step 5: Add the cream cheese layer and bake
Pour the pumpkin mixture over the dough layer in your pan. Bake for 45 minutes, the center will still be slightly jiggly when the bars are done baking.
Step 6: Chill before serving
Allow the bars to cool completely and chill for 1 hour. And, then slice and serve.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Crumb topping: For a nice crunchy topping on the bars make a crumb topping with brown sugar, melted butter, flour, and pecans. Sprinkle over the pumpkin bars before baking.
- Chocolate chips: Add a cup of chocolate chips to the batter for a sweet chocolaty treat!
- Nuts: Adding some chopped nuts can add a great crunch to these Pumpkin Gooey Bars. Try walnuts or almonds if you like nuts in your desserts.
If you love delicious pumpkin recipes you may also enjoy this Starbucks Pumpkin Muffins recipe.
Here is a quick list of the equipment that you need to make this recipe:
- 13×9 inch baking dish
- parchment paper
- large bowl
- large mixing bowl
- electric mixer
Store these bars in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Also, you can store them in the fridge or at room temperature it’s up to you.
Here are a few tips that you can use to make these delicious bars.
- Make sure to use room temperature cream cheese so that you get a smooth cream cheese layer.
- If you decide to fold in chocolate chips or nuts fold them into the crust before you press it into the pan.
- By lining your baking sheet with parchment you can guarantee that the bars will not stick. And, they will be easy to cut.
- Make sure to cool the bars completely before cutting, so that you get clean slices.
Do you have questions about this Pumpkin Gooey Bars recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Yes, you can freeze these bars. Place the bars in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Allow them to thaw before serving.
Yes, for this recipe you will need cake mix, it makes the perfect soft and gooey crust.
They should be served at room temperature. But, you could also warm them up a little if you prefer.
🍽 More Pumpkin Recipes
Do you enjoy pumpkin recipes? If so, try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Gooey Pumpkin Bars
- mixing bowls
- 9×13 baking dish
- Hand mixer
- 15.25 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 cup melted butter divided
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit, and line a 13×9 inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, fold together cake mix, ½ cup melted butter, and 1 egg, until a dough forms.
- Press the dough into the bottom of the parchment lined baking dish.
- In another large bowl, beat cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla, until smooth.
- Add pumpkin puree, ½ cup melted butter, 3 eggs, and mix well to combine.
- Mix in powdered sugar, until combined.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture over the dough layer in your pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, the center will still be slightly jiggly when the bars are done baking.
- Allow the bars to cool completely and chill for 1 hour.