This Pumpkin Shaped Cheeseball does exactly what it says. A classic cheeseball packed full of flavor is shaped to look like a pumpkin. It’s the perfect fall treat for any occasion.
If you’re looking for a new treat to bring to your next fall party, then look no further than this cheeseball. It’s shaped just like a pumpkin, making it the perfect addition to any fall party. It’s also super easy, which is always a bonus!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only takes a few simple ingredients to make.
- It’s an easy recipe that only takes a few minutes to make.
- It’s full of bold, zesty flavors.
- It’s a fun new take on a classic party recipe.
You’ll only need a handful of ingredients to make this recipe, and you’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store. Be sure to check the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
- Softened cream cheese
- Dry ranch mix
- Worcestershire sauce
- Sliced green onions
- Finely diced red pepper (save the stem)
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
🔪 How to Make a Pumpkin Shaped Cheeseball
Making this cheeseball is just as easy as any other. You’ll just do a little mixing and a little shaping. The shaping is actually very simple, and you’ll have no problems with it whatsoever.
Step 1: Cream the Cream Cheese
Cream the cream cheese blocks with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
Step 2: Add the Pepper and Seasonings
Add the ranch mix, Worcestershire sauce, and diced pepper and stir until fully combined.
Step 3: Add the Shredded Cheese
Add one cup of shredded cheddar cheese and stir one more until fully combined.
Step 4: Prep the Plastic Wrap
Spread out plastic wrap and put 1/4 cup of shredded cheese onto it. Then, shape the cream cheese into a ball and place it on top of the cheese.
Step 5: Coat the Cheeseball
Completely coat the cheeseball with the remaining shredded cheddar cheese.
Step 6: Wrap and Shape
Wrap the cheeseball tightly with plastic wrap – 2 layers work best. Then, wrap 4 large rubber bands around the cheeseball to make the pumpkin indentations.
Step 7: Chill
Chill for a minimum of 2 hours. Then, cut off the rubber bands, remove the plastic wrap, and place the bell pepper stem on top. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Try adding diced jalapenos for a kick of heat and flavor.
- Bacon – Mix in crumbled bacon for a flavor boost.
- Pimento – Add diced pimento for a flavorful twist.
If you love fun twists on classics, then try our nacho cheese ball.
- Measuring cups
- Electric mixer
- Mixing bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Large rubber bands
Refrigerate this cheeseball in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks. For longer storage, wrap the cheeseball in a double layer of plastic wrap and a layer of foil and freeze for up to a month.
- Be sure you fully soften your cream cheese and thoroughly whip it for the best texture.
- A hand mixer is the easiest way to mix the cheeseball ingredients.
- 2 hours is the absolute minimum chill time for this cheeseball. Overnight is better.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
A cheeseball is a party appetizer made with cream cheese, shredded cheese, green onions, and spices and rolled into a ball and chilled. Some are made plain, but most are coated with chopped pecans.
The cheeseball was actually invented by a farmer in Massachusetts named John Leland. It was a gargantuan 1,235-pound behemoth that he gifted to President Jefferson at the White House.
Cheeseballs are great with crackers, pretzels, hard breadsticks, vegetables, or pretty much anything that would taste good with cheese.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy cream cheese appetizers? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Pumpkin Shaped Cheeseball
- Measuring cups
- Electric mixer
- Mixing Bowl
- plastic wrap
- Large rubber bands
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch powder mix
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 3 green onions sliced sliced- optional
- 1 red pepper finely diced – save the stem – You could also use a mix of colored peppers like I did.
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Using an electric mixer cream both blocks of cream cheese until smooth,
- Add ranch powder mix, worcestershire sauce, and diced pepper, stir until fully combined.
- Add in one cup of shredded cheddar cheese and stir once more to ensure all ingredients are fully combined.
- Spread out the plastic wrap and put ¼ cup of shredded cheese onto the wrap. Shape cream cheese mixture into a ball and place on top of the shredded cheese.
- Take the remaining cheddar cheese and sprinkle all over the remainder of the cheese ball to ensure all sides are coated.
- Wrap the cheese ball up tightly with the plastic wrap, 2 layers will work best so you don’t have any of the mixture coming out. Wrap the cheese ball with four large rubber bands to make the indentations for the pumpkin.
- Place it into the fridge for at least 2 hours (overnight is best)
- Remove from the fridge and cut off the rubber bands, unwrap and place the stem on top.
- Serve with crackers or veggies. Enjoy!