Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies are healthy, delicious, and so easy to make. Smoked chicken sausage, sweet potatoes, Brussel sprouts, bell pepper, and seasoning come together to make a quick, easy, and healthy family meal.
Whether you’re making dinner for the family or having guests over, you’re going to love this easy sheet pan recipe. We make this particular one quite a lot because it delivers a ton of flavor and helps us get a ton of lean protein and veggies in us!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It uses simple ingredients.
- It’s a super easy recipe that’s ready fast.
- It’s full of flavor, and everyone always loves it.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This delicious dish only uses a few simple ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store. The major flavors are listed below, but you’ll find the complete ingredient list along with amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Smoked chicken sausage
- Sweet potatoes
- Brussel sprouts
- Bell pepper
- Minced garlic
- Dried parsley
- Dried basil
- Onion powder
🔪 How to Make Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
This is a simple recipe that’s so easy to make. Like all sheet pan recipes, it comes together quickly and cleanup is a breeze.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease a large baking sheet. Set aside. Cut the sausage into 1-inch thick slices. Then, trim the stems off the brussel sprouts and cut them in half. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Finally, seed the bell peppers and cut them into 1-inch pieces.
Step 2: Place the Ingredients
Place the sausage, brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes, and red bell pepper in sections on the baking sheet, being careful to avoid overlapping the ingredients.
Step 3: Make Seasoned Oil
Combine avocado oil and seasonings in a small bowl.
Step 4: Bake
Spoon the seasoned oil over the sausage and veggies. Then, bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Use spicy chicken sausage.
- Chicken Sausage – You can use smoked, kielbasa, or Italian sausage for this recipe.
- Vegetables – Use your favorite vegetables for this recipe.
If you think this sheet pan recipe looks good, then check out our sheet pan sausage, peppers, mushrooms, and potatoes recipe.
- Cutting board
- Baking sheet
- Small bowl
- Measuring spoons
Store this in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an air-tight container. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
- Be sure you keep the ingredients in an even layer with as little overlap as possible so they can cook evenly.
- Cut and chop all ingredients to a uniform size so everything finishes cooking at the same time.
- If you use regular potatoes in place of sweet potatoes, there’s no need to peel them.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Sheet pan meals are meals made entirely on a sheet pan. They’re typically some type of meat long with vegetables.
No one knows exactly who first made a sheet pan meal, but we do know why they came to be. It was actually thanks to Martha Stewart. Her first cooking show saw the regular use of sheet pans, and the public quickly discovered that although sheet pans aren’t sexy like copper pots, they’re incredibly important in the kitchen.
The two major reasons sheet pan ingredients don’t cook evenly is that they’re either laying on top of each other or they weren’t cut into relatively the same size.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy sausage? Then try these delicious recipes:
- Tortellini Sausage Soup
- Low Carb Sausage, Mushroom, and Chicken Casserole
- Slow Cooker Sausage, Carrots, and Potatoes
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies
- Cutting board
- baking sheet
- small bowl
- Measuring spoons
- 12 ounces Smoked Chicken Sausage
- 2-3 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 pound fresh brussel sprouts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet and set aside.
- Prep the sausage and vegetables. Start by slicing sausages into 1” thick coins.
- Trim woody stem off of brussel sprouts and cut in half.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into ½” cubes.
- Remove the stem and seeds from red bell pepper and chop into 1 inch pieces.
- Place the sausages in a section at one end of the baking sheet, followed by brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes and then red bell pepper. Be sure each group is spaced well without much overlap so they cook evenly.
- In a small bowl, add avocado oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper, parsley, basil and onion powder and stir.
- Spoon the mixture over the sausages and vegetables. Gently toss to coat.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Enjoy this meal with wild rice or quinoa.