Slow Cooker Banana Bread is tender, moist, and loaded with the flavor of bananas and the crunch of chopped walnuts. It bakes up perfectly every time thanks to the slow cooker.
Nothing beats really good banana bread, and nothing makes better banana bread than the slow cooker. This is the recipe that we come back to again and again when we want to make delicious banana bread easily and perfectly.
This Slow Cooker Banana Bread is the perfect way to get delicious, moist banana bread right from the slow cooker. A perfectly spiced banana bread is studded with walnuts and baked in the slow cooker making one amazing dessert.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only takes a few basic ingredients to make.
- It’s full of the classic flavors of bananas, walnuts, and cinnamon.
- It’s an easy, slow cooker recipe that’s fool-proof.
- Everyone loves banana bread!
You’ll only need a few basic baking ingredients to make this recipe, and chances are you have them all in your kitchen right now. Anything you don’t have is just a quick trip to the grocery store away. All the ingredients are right here, but you’ll find the exact quantities in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Melted butter
- Packed brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Very ripe bananas – mashed
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Chopped walnuts – divided
🔪 How to Make Slow Cooker Banana Bread
Making this recipe is just about as easy as it gets. Banana bread is already a simple recipe, but making it in the slow cooker makes it even easier and almost foolproof. Anyone can make this one easily!
Step 1: Prep
Line your slow cooker with two long strips of parchment paper. Spray with nonstick spray.
Step 2: Combine the Wet Ingredients
Combine the melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl. Then, mix in the mashed bananas.
Step 3: Combine the Dry Ingredients
Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
Step 4: Make the Banana Bread Batter
Gently stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Then, stir in 1 cup of walnuts.
Step 5: Cook
Pour the batter into the slow cooker and spread out evenly. Then, sprinkle with the remaining walnuts and cook on low for 4 hours.
Step 6: Cool
Remove the bread from the slow cooker using the parchment paper and let cool slightly. Enjoy!
- Try adding chocolate chips to this banana bread.
- Pecans work well in place of walnuts.
- Try adding blueberries to the batter.
If you’re a fan of banana bread, then you’ll want to try our copycat Starbucks banana bread recipe.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowls
- Slow cooker
- Parchment paper
Store this banana bread at room temperature for up to 4 days in an air-tight container. For longer storage, freeze it for up to 3 months wrapped in a double layer of plastic wrap and a layer of foil.
- Mix the batter until just combined and no further. Overmixing makes tough bread.
- Using two long strips of parchment paper makes it easier to remove the bread from the slow cooker.
- Begin checking for doneness at about 3 and a half hours. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Banana bread is a sweet bread made with mashed bananas. It’s most often a quick bread, but there are yeast-raised versions.
Banana bread is a mixed bag when it comes to healthy or unhealthy. Although this sweet bread tends to be high in sugar, fat, and calories, the bananas used in the bread are loaded with potassium, vitamin B6, and other nutrients.
Banana bread is best with a healthy dose of butter on top and a glass of milk, tea, or coffee on the side.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy banana bread? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Slow Cooker Banana Bread
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- mixing bowls
- slow cooker
- parchment paper
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large very ripe bananas mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups chopped walnuts divided
- Line your slow cooker with parchment paper, I like to do this in 2 long strips making it easier to remove the bread.
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl combine the melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir in the mashed bananas.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Gently stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in 1 cup of the walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the slow cooker and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of walnuts over the top of the bread.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Start checking to see if your bread is done around 3 ½ hours. Slow Cookers vary greatly and yours may cook hotter or slower than others.
- When a toothpick inserted comes out clean your bread is ready.
- Use the edges of the parchment paper to remove the bread from the slow cooker.
- Let cool slightly.
- Slice and serve!