Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is a classic quick bread that no one can say no to. It’s loaded with sweet banana flavor and tons of chocolate chips. You can’t beat it!
If you’ve been following our blog for any length of time, you know that we sometimes like to get fancy with our sweet treats. However, we also like simple recipes, too. This delicious banana bread is the perfect example of how a simple recipe can pack so much flavor.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only uses a few simple ingredients to make.
- It’s an easy recipe that’s ready in no time.
- Banana bread with chocolate chips is a classic.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll only need a few basic baking ingredients to make this recipe. In fact, you probably have most of them in your kitchen right now. The stars of the show are below, but you’ll find the complete list of ingredients in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Ripe bananas
- Unsalted butter
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
🔪 How to Make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Making this recipe couldn’t be easier. It only takes a few simple steps, and even beginners will have no problem with this one.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
Step 2: Combine the Wet Ingredients
In a medium bowl, mash the bananas until they’re smashed up and chunky with lumps of banana. Then, add the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla and mix until combined.
Step 3: Add the Dry Ingredients
Add the baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar, and flour to the bowl and mix until completely combined. Then, fold in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
Step 4: Bake
Pour the batter into the loaf pan and top with the remaining chocolate chips. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for at least 10 minutes on a wire rack before serving.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Chocolate Chips – Semi-sweet, milk, and dark chocolate chips all work well in this recipe.
- Nuts – Try adding chopped walnuts or pecans to this bread for more flavor and texture.
- Sugar – Regular sugar works just as well in this recipe.
If you think this banana bread looks good, then check out our pumpkin spice banana bread.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing spoon
- Loaf pan
- Parchment paper
Store this bread at room temperature in an air-tight container for up to 2 days. It can be refrigerated for up to a week in an air-tight container. For longer storage, freeze it for up to 4 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
- The riper your bananas the better. Good bananas for banana bread will have very dark peels with spots, and the bananas themselves will be very soft.
- To properly measure flour, gently spoon it into your measuring cup and then level it with the flat of a knife. Scooping the flour out directly with your measuring cup will result in using too much flour.
- A glass loaf pan works best because it helps keep the banana bread from getting too dark as it bakes.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Banana bread is a product of the 1930s when baking powder and baking soda became readily available to everyone. Without the need for yeast, quickbreads became a new kind of bread, and banana bread was a particularly popular variety.
The darker the better. Those bananas with black skin that are so soft you’d never eat them raw are perfect for banana bread. In fact, unless they’ve spoiled, a banana can’t be too overripe for banana bread.
Simply place them in a bowl and mash them up with a fork. Every recipe is different, but in general, the bananas are mashed enough when they’re fully squished and range from having chunks of banana in them to super mashed.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy bananas? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Mixing Bowl
- Loaf pan
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line the 9×5 baking loaf pan with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl mash the bananas with a fork. You want the consistency to be chunky with lumps of banana.
- Add the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla into the bowl. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar, and gluten-free all-purpose flour into the bowl. Mix until fully incorporated with the wet ingredients.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Pour the banana bread batter into the prepared baking pan. Top with 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips
- Bake for 50 or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the banana bread to cool in the loaf pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes before slicing.