Strawberry Shortcake Layer Cake
Strawberry Shortcake Layer Cake – A fluffy vanilla sponge cake filled with layers of whipped cream and juicy strawberries. Perfect for any occasion!
Strawberry Shortcake Layer Cake is pretty enough to be served at a dinner party, yet casual enough to be part of a summer BBQ. You can make this simple cake in no time. The cake is so light and moist! It is just so perfect for any time you have a dinner party or get together. It looks beautiful and decadent but is light and delicious. Perfect for serving after dinner or when you need a light dessert.
We love strawberries so are always up for any dessert that features strawberries and this is one of our favorites. And this one does not disappoint. You will love this cake so much you will want to share it.
This cake recipe is very versatile. You can make the cake ahead of time and freeze it if you need to. Just wrap it well in plastic wrap and store in a ziplock bag. The night before you need it take it out of the freezer and let it defrost in the fridge. Then just make your sweetened whipped cream, add your strawberries and your cake is ready to go!
We use 6 inch pans to make this cake when it’s just for us or when we are just serving a couple of friends and make it a 2 layer cake but you can make it a 8 inch cake for when your taking this cake to a party or serving it to your own dinner quests for dessert.
This cake is a light and spongy cake, not dense at all. It pairs perfectly with the light and fresh whipped cream and super sweet strawberries. I have included the instructions for both 6 inch and 8 inch cakes. Enjoy!!
OTHER DESSERT RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- 2 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 5 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup halved strawberries plus more for topping
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- For 2 Layer 6 Inch Cake
- 1 cup + 6 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 1/5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup plus 1/8 cup milk
- 1 cup halved strawberries plus more for topping
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat over to 350
2. Combine all dry ingredients (minus sugar) into a small bowl and set aside. Combine the milk and vanilla in a small bowl and set aside.
3.. Cream the butter in a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Slowly add in the sugar until fully combined and fluffy.
4. Add in the egg whites one at a time, making sure to combine each before adding the other.
5. dd in about ½ of the dry mixture while mixing on a low speed. Alternate adding in dry and wet ingredients until they are all combined. Mix for an additional 3 minutes on a medium speed.
6. Prepare the 2 8 or 6″ cake pans with nonstick baking spray and distribute the batter evenly between them.
7. Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8. Let cool completely before frosting.