Valentine’s Hot Chocolate is rich, creamy, and full of white chocolate flavor. It also has a fun pink color that’s perfect for the upcoming holiday.
Every holiday deserves its own tasty treats in our opinion, and this delicious hot chocolate is the perfect example of that. This rich hot chocolate is perfect for warming during the cold of February, and its the perfect pretty color for Valentine’s Day!
This Valentines Hot Chocolate is so yummy it’ll make you fall in love! Super easy to make. Make this for your next date night!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only takes a handful of simple ingredients to make.
- It’s a super easy recipe that’s ready in minutes.
- It’s real, true hot chocolate made from scratch.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This recipe only uses 5 simple ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store. You’ll have the milk at home almost certainly, and everything else will be in the baking aisle.
- Sweetened condensed milk
- White chocolate chips
- Pink food coloring
- Heart sprinkles
See the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
🔪 How to Make Valentine’s Hot Chocolate
Making this recipe couldn’t be easier. In just a few minutes, you’ll have a steaming cup of deliciousness for your family and friends. It only takes 2 steps!
Step 1: Make the Hot Chocolate
Combine all ingredients except heart sprinkles in a medium-sized pot. Stir over medium heat until the hot chocolate ingredients are combined and piping hot.
Step 2: Serve
Pour into cups and top with heart sprinkles.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Whipped Cream – Top your hot chocolate with whipped cream and then add the heart sprinkles.
- Mini Marshmallows – Mini marshmallows make any hot chocolate better!
- Peppermint – Add a little peppermint extract and top with crushed peppermint for peppermint hot chocolate.
For another delicious twist on hot chocolate, check out these hot cocoa bombs with a minty twist.
You’ll only need a handful of simple kitchen items to make this recipe. That includes the cups for serving!
- Measuring cup
- Medium pot
- Wooden spoon
Store this Valentine’s hot chocolate in a tightly sealed container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. To reheat, simply place it in a saucepan over medium heat and heat until piping hot.
- Cook the hot chocolate until everything is melted combined, and piping hot. DO NOT boil it. You don’t want to curdle the hot chocolate.
- This hot chocolate is very storage-friendly, and you only need to place it back in a pot to heat it up and enjoy it again.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
No, they’re not, although people tend to use the names interchangeably. Hot chocolate is made with a base of melted chocolate that is thinned out with a hot liquid – usually milk or water. Hot coco is made with hot water or milk and a mix of sweetened cocoa powder.
Slowly heat the mixture, whisking or stirring constantly. This helps everything melt evenly, prevents clumping, and helps keep the mixture from heating up too fast.
You probably heated the mixture up too rapidly and ended up bringing it to a boil. When milk is boiled, the proteins and fat separate from the water, making curdled milk.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy hot chocolate or cocoa? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Valentines Hot Chocolate
- 4 cups milk
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- Pink food coloring
- Heart sprinkles
- Put milk, sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips into medium sized pot over medium heat.
- Add as many drops of pink food coloring till desired color.
- Stir until everything is mixed and melted.
- Pour into cups, top with sprinkles and enjoy