Banana Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Banana Peanut Butter Cupcakes are cupcake that’ll wow any crowd! These are great for dessert or as a decadent snack, and have a nice sweet, salty combination.
These moist and super easy peanut butter peanut butter cupcakes start out with a cake mix that gets a little added punch with some peanut butter. How do you feel about peanut butter and banana? We love the flavor combination. The sweet flavor of banana and the saltiness of peanut butter make the perfect combination.
Many times for breakfast of for a snack we will have a banana with peanut butter smeared on it. We use a cake mix to make these cupcakes since we found that once we added the peanut butter and the frosting they really are so delicious you really didn’t need to make a peanut butter cupcake from scratch.
If you have a favorite peanut butter cupcake recipe you can certainly use that but I think you will love this just as is. I say why make extra work for yourself when we get rave reviews with this recipe?!
Since our cupcakes are peanut butter we made our frosting banana. That too is really pretty easy to make. I never would have thought of making a banana frosting but let me tell you this is SO scrumptious! I’m talking about you could just lick the spoon or even just eat a few spoonfuls right out of the bowl yumminess good! This is amazing for a filling in any kind of cake you might be making!
I use a star tip and a piping bag for the frosting but you can just smear it on like you would any kind of frosting. You don’t have to be fancy pants about it if you don’t want to be. You just want to make sure your banana is soft and nicely browned.
Make these Banana Peanut Butter Cupcakes for your family today!!
OTHER CUPCAKE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Banana Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- 1 box french vanilla cake mix
- ½ cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp banana extract
- 5 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 piping bag with a large star tip
- 1 large bag of mini nutterbutter cookies
- 1 large ziplock bag
- Cupcake Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, butter, milk and eggs3. Once combined, add in the peanut butter and mix until fully combined4. Bake in the oven for 21 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutesBanana Frosting Instructions:
1. Using a standing mixer or hand mixer, beat together all ingredients until combined and smooth.2. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Once done, scoop into the piping bag3. Place a few nutter butter cookies into the ziplock bag and crush using a rolling pin4. Pipe the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes 5. Sprinkle crushed cookies on top of the frosting6. Place a cookie into the center of the frosting