This delicious holiday Cherry Punch adds a cherry-licious twist to the classic holiday punch. It uses cherry 7-up to add a tasty twist to the classic, sherbet and ice cream-based punch treat we all know and love.
Sherbet punch is a classic drink served at almost every holiday gathering. We love it, so we decided to make our version for family and friends a few years back. We still make it to this day! It’s a tasty twist on the classic sherbet-based punch that uses cherry 7-up to give a different flavor.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only takes 5 simple ingredients.
- It’s an easy recipe done in just a few minutes.
- It’s a fruity, creamy punch perfect for any holiday gathering.
- It features gumdrops for even more holiday fun!
You’ll only need a handful of ingredients to make this punch, and you can find them all in just a few minutes at your local grocery store.
Everything you need to make this delicious punch is right here, but you can find the exact amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Rainbow sherbet
- Vanilla ice cream
- Cherry 7-up – chilled
- Whipped cream
🔪 How to Make Holiday Cherry Punch
Making this delicious punch is just about as easy as it gets. It only takes a few simple steps, and you’ll be all done in no time!
Step 1: Add Ice Cream and Sherbet
Add a scoop of ice cream and a scoop of sherbet to each punch glass.
Step 2: Add 7-up
Fill each glass with cherry 7-up.
Step 3: Top and Serve
Top with whipped cream and a few gumdrops and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Cherry 7-up – You can use regular 7-up, your favorite lemon-lime soda, or ginger ale for this recipe.
- Rainbow Sherbet – Try using cherry sherbet.
- The Ultimate Cherry Punch – For the ultimate cherry punch, use cherry sherbet and cherry ice cream.
If you’re a fan of sherbet-based punches like this one, then be sure to check out our orange sherbet punch recipe.
- Ice cream scoop
- Punch glasses
The great thing about this recipe is that it’s made in individual punch glasses, so you don’t need to store it at all. Make these drinks as requested, and that’s it!
What to Serve with Cherry Punch
This deliciously sweet cherry punch with your favorite sweet treats or savory appetizers. You can even serve it with the main holiday dinner if you like. It’s so good, everyone loves it with everything!
- Adjust your ice cream and sherbet scoop sizes to your punch glasses.
- Keep your ice, cream, sherbet, and 7-up in the fridge until just before making the punch.
- Make the punch as needed for the freshest punch possible.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Holiday cherry punch is a twist on classic holiday sherbet punch using cherry 7-up in place of regular 7-up or ginger ale.
Sherbet punch is super easy and only requires rainbow sherbet and ginger ale 7-up, fruit soda, or a combination of those.
This punch is made in individual glasses so it’s always as cold and smooth as possible. Punch like this isn’t nearly as good as it sits out.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy punch during the holidays? Then try these delicious recipes:
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
- Ice cream scoop
- mug or glasses
- 32 ounces Rainbow sherbet
- 32 ounces Vanilla ice cream
- 2 liters Cherry 7-up chilled
- 4 ounces Whipped cream
- 30 Gumdrops
- Into your punch glasses add a scoop of rainbow sherbet and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The size of your scoop of ice cream and sherbet will depend on the size of your glasses.
- Then fill the glasses up with the Cherry 7-up.
- Top with whipped cream and a few gumdrops.
- Serve immediately.