If you love Starbucks, then this copycat Birthday Cake Frappuccino is for you. It’s filled with the sweet flavors of vanilla and birthday cake and topped with whipped cream and fun sprinkles.
We’re big fans of Starbucks, but we’re not fans of their prices! Seriously, it’s pretty crazy. That’s why we decided to make our own version of their birthday cake frappuccino. Ours is just as good – if not better – and it’s cheaper by leaps and bounds.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only uses a handful of simple ingredients.
- It’s an easy recipe that’s ready in minutes.
- It’s loaded with birthday cake flavor!
- It makes a great drink at birthday parties.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Outside of the cake balls, you can get everything you need for this recipe in one quick trip to the grocery store. Don’t worry! We have a link for the cake balls right here. Be sure to check the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Cake ball
- Vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
🔪 How to Make Birthday Cake Frappuccino
This recipe is very straightforward. You’ll just be doing a little blending, and that’s about it.
Step 1: Blend
Combine ice, milk, ice cream, a cake ball, and vanilla in a blender and blend until smooth. Then, stir in sprinkles.
Step 2: Top and Enjoy
Pour the frappuccino into a glass and top it with whipped cream and more sprinkles. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Cake Ball – You can make your own cake balls using your favorite recipe and freeze them until ready to use.
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream – You can use French vanilla or plain vanilla ice cream instead.
- Sprinkles – Use any of your favorite sprinkles for this recipe.
If you think this frappuccino looks good, then you’re going to love our copycat Chick-Fil-A peppermint shake.
- Measuring cups and spoons
This recipe makes one shake, which is a good thing because this won’t keep well at all. It becomes liquid in the refrigerator and a chunk of ice cream in the freezer.
- Keep the ice cream in the refrigerator until ready to blend so your frappuccino is nice and cold.
- Remove the cake ball from the freezer when you’re ready to blend the frappuccino to keep it thick.
- Chill your glass until ready to pour the shake in for the ultimate cold treat.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
A frappuccino is a blended iced coffee drink invited by Starbucks. However, these days, frappuccinos often have no coffee in them at all and have become milkshakes.
No. The birthday cake frappuccino is basically a fancy milkshake. The only energy jolt it gives comes from the sugar in it.
Absolutely! All you really need are some measuring cups and spoons and a blender.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy birthday cake recipes? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Birthday Cake Frappuccino
- Ice cream scoop
- serving glasses
- 1 cup Ice
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 3 scoops Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 1 cake ball
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Whipped Cream
- 1/8 cup sprinkles
- Begin with making or buying birthday cake flavored cake balls.
- Using a blender, I add ice, milk, ice cream, cake ball, and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Next, I add sprinkles, stir, and pour into a glass.
- Top with whipped cream and extra sprinkles.