Cauliflower Soup with Garlic and Cheddar
Cauliflower Soup with Garlic and Cheddar -is rich, cheesy, garlicky and full of flavor. I guarantee if your not a cauliflower lover you will change your mind after trying this soup.
Cauliflower Soup with Garlic and Cheddar is so delicious!!
I first had this fabulous Cauliflower Soup with Garlic and Cheddar at a restaurant we had gone to. It was so good. Rich, creamy, garlicky, cheesy. I fell in love with the texture and flavors. I knew I was going to replicate it.
Cauliflower Soup with Garlic and Cheddar is so easy to make. With everything on hand in my fridge or pantry all the time!
First let me start by saying that we will eat soup all year long. It could be 100 degrees out and it would not matter. We are having a heat wave but none the less we love soup.
Cauliflower Soup with Garlic and Cheddar is so creamy and delicious!
We spend a lot of time in Maine and I must have lobster stew every week in the heat of the summer. Anyways I had some cauliflower and I was in the mood for some soup so I decided on this. I love cauliflower and garlic together. Well I love garlic with almost everything but it really does add a special something to cauliflower in my opinion. And roasting the cauliflower gives it a nice flavor.
This really is such a simple soup to make and always hits the spot. It’s perfect for a starter for a company meal or as a simple lunch. This freezes well too if you happen to have any leftovers.
Make this Cauliflower Soup with Garlic and Cheddar today!!
Cauliflower Soup with Garlic and Cheddar ~ Low Carb
- 5 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Large Head Cauliflower chopped into small florets
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1- 1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese plus more for topping
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried Thyme
- Pinch Ground Nutmeg
- Ground pepper and Salt to taste
- In a sheet pan roast cauliflower with garlic and olive oil at 350 for 20 minutes.
- Add chicken stock to a stock pot. Add cauliflower and garlic. Simmer over medium heat until tender and very soft.
- Add heavy cream and cheddar cheese. Stir and season with salt and pepper thyme and nutmeg.
- Let cool and pour into a blender and process in batches.
- Reheat before serving and top with some extra cheddar and chopped scallions and I like adding a pat of butter also.