This Cherry Chocolate Chip Pie is a delicious dessert that combines the tartness of cherries with the sweetness of chocolate chips. It’s an easy recipe that is perfect for any occasion and can be whipped up in no time!
We love making simple no-bake recipes like this one because they are quick to make and require minimal cleanup. Plus, who doesn’t love a tasty cherry and chocolate combo?
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy to prepare with no baking required, this Cherry Chocolate Chip Pie is ideal for those looking for a quick yet delectable dessert option.
- This versatile pie can adapt to any occasion, from festive gatherings to cozy family dinners, and it’s sure to impress your guests every time.
- With simple ingredients and clear, hassle-free instructions, even baking novices can create a dessert masterpiece with confidence.
One great thing about this easy recipe is that you only need a few simple ingredients from your local grocery store to help you make this no bake cherry pie recipe. With warm weather on the horizon, you are going to want to save this recipe to make for your next gathering or cookout.
- graham cracker crust
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Cool Whip
- mini chocolate chips
- Maraschino Cherries
- Reddi-whip Whipped Cream
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Cherry Chocolate Chip Pie
Making this cherry chip pie is so simple. Just follow these step-by-step instructions and you will have a delicious pie that will wow your friends and family in no time at all.
Step 1: Beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar
In a large mixing bowl mix the Cream Cheese and Powdered Sugar until light and fluffy.
Step 2: Add the pie filling and cool whip
Add the Pie Filling, and stir well to blend. Add the Cool Whip and the mini chocolate chips, and stir until completely mixed.
Step 3: Finish and chill
Pour the Filling into the prepared Graham Cracker Crust, and smooth on top. Sprinkle additional mini chocolate chips on top. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
Step 4: Slice and serve
To serve, cut in 2 to 3 inch pieces, garnish with Reddi-whip whipped cream, or additional Cool Whip, and top with a Maraschino Cherry. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Ingredient Additions: Experiment with additional ingredients such as nuts, caramel, or different types of chocolate chips to enhance the flavor and texture of the pie.
- Crust: Instead of using a graham cracker crust try using an Oreo crust or a vanilla wafer crust for this pie.
- Toppings: Instead of topping with chocolate chips try topping this pie with a drizzle of caramel or chocolate syrup. Chocolate shavings would also look great on the top.
If you love chocolate and cherry together you may also enjoy this Cherry Chocolate Fudge recipe next time.
To make this recipe you will need:
- Large mixing bowl
- Electric mixer
- Rubber spatula
Store the pie covered in the fridge for up to three days. You can cover it with the lid for the pie crust, or with plastic wrap to keep it fresh.
This pie is great when served as a dessert for any of your family gatherings or just when you have a craving for a creamy cherry pie. We love pairing it with this French Dip Pull Apart Bread or these Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak Bites.
Here are a few tips to ensure that your Cherry Chocolate Chip Pie is perfect:
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing to avoid lumps and ensure a smooth, creamy filling.
- When adding the Cool Whip, fold it in gently to maintain its fluffiness and keep the filling light.
- Don’t skip the chilling time! The pie needs to be set properly to slice cleanly, so give it at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- For a beautiful presentation, use a piping bag and star tip to add whipped cream on top, and carefully place your maraschino cherries.
- To get clean slices, dip your knife in hot water, wipe it dry, and then cut. Repeat between slices.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Absolutely! This Cherry Chocolate Chip Pie can be made up to a day in advance, making it a perfect dessert for planning. Just keep it refrigerated until you’re ready to serve.
While you can freeze the pie, it’s worth noting that the texture may change slightly upon thawing. The whipped cream or Cool Whip topping may become less fluffy. If you decide to freeze it, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap to prevent freezer burn.
The pie should be firm to the touch and shouldn’t jiggle when you move it. The minimum recommended chill time is 4 hours, but leaving it in the refrigerator longer can ensure it’s fully set.
🍽 More Cherry Recipes
Do you enjoy cherries? If so, try these delicious recipes:
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Cherry Chocolate Chip Pie
- large mixing bowl
- Electric mixer
- Rubber spatula
- 1 graham cracker crust I used Keebler
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 21 ounces Cherry Pie Filling
- 8 ounces Cool Whip plus more for topping
- 1 ½ cups mini chocolate chips divided
- 1 small jar of Maraschino Cherries – to top
- 1 can of Reddi-whip Whipped Cream – to top
- In a large mixing bowl mix the Cream Cheese and Powdered Sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the Pie Filling, and stir well to blend. Add the Cool Whip and the mini chocolate chips, and stir until completely mixed.
- Pour the Filling into the prepared Graham Cracker Crust, and smooth on top.
- Sprinkle additional mini chocolate chips on top. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- To serve, cut in 2 to 3 inch pieces, garnish with Reddi-whip whipped cream, or additional Cool Whip, and top with a Maraschino Cherry. Enjoy!