If you love Italian food, get ready for the ultimate recipe. This Chicken Parm Stromboli takes all the flavors of chicken parm and cooks them up in a stromboli for a delicious hand-held meal you’ll love.
We love Italian food and we’re all about this big combination of deliciousness. One of our favorite Italian dishes is this mashup of two favorites. It doesn’t get better than stuffing chicken parm into a stromboli!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It uses just a few simple ingredients.
- It’s a super easy recipe that takes very little effort.
- It combines the best of chicken parm and stromboli into one dish!
All it takes is one quick trip to the grocery store to get the few ingredients that it takes to make this recipe. They’re all basic Italian staples. See the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
- Pre-made pizza dough
- Frozen chicken strips
- Italian seasoning – divided
- Garlic powder – divided
- Pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Butter – melted
- Grated parmesan cheese
🔪 How to Make Chicken Parm Stromboli
Making this stromboli recipe is incredibly easy. It only takes a few simple steps and a little baking time. Even beginners can make this recipe, and the results are always fantastic.
Step 1: Bake the Chicken
Arrange the chicken strips on a baking sheet and spray them with nonstick cooking spray. Then, sprinkle them with half the Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees until crispy. Remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly.
Step 2: Top the Pizza Dough
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and unroll the pizza dough onto it. Then, cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and arrange them on half of the pizza dough. Top with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese.
Step 3: Fold
Fold the other half of the dough over the toppings, stretching as needed to reach across to the other edge. Pinch the edges together to seal the dough.
Step 4: Season
Brush melted butter on top of the dough and top with the remaining Italian seasoning and garlic, and then sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top. Cut 4 to 5 small slits in the top to vent.
Step 5: Bake
Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees until the crust is golden brown. Let the stromboli rest for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Sprinkle red pepper flakes over the chicken and the outside of the stromboli before baking.
- Chicken Strips – You can use chicken nuggets and simply cut them in half after baking.
- Cheese – Use your favorite pizza blend in this recipe.
For another unexpected stromboli treat, try this Buffalo chicken stromboli.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
Refrigerate the stromboli for up to 3 days in an air-tight container. For longer storage, freeze it for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
- Be gentle but firm when pulling the pizza dough over to form the stromboli. Be careful not to rip the dough.
- Try moistening the edges of the dough with a bit of water to create a better seal.
- Try to coat the outside of the stromboli as evenly as possible with the remaining seasoning for flavor in every bite.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Stromboli is a type of baked turnover filled with cheese, meats, and vegetables that’s baked and served hot.
Yes. Essentially, stromboli is just a pizza that’s rolled up before baking.
Sort of. Stromboli was invented in Philadelphia by an Italian-American. So while this dish features Italian flavors, it’s not technically authentic Italian food.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy chicken parmesan? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Chicken Parm Stromboli
- Baking sheets
- pizza cutter or sharp knife
- 13.8 ounces pizza dough
- 5 to 6 frozen chicken strips
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder divided
- ⅓ cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange the chicken strips on a baking sheet and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle half the Italian seasoning and half the garlic powder over the top of the strips. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until crispy, then remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- When the chicken is finished baking, like a baking sheet with parchment paper and unroll the pizza dough on the pan.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and arrange the pieces along one half of the pizza dough.
- Top the chicken with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Fold the other half of the dough over the top of the toppings, stretching it as needed to reach across to the other edge. Pinch the edges together to seal the dough.
- Brush the melted butter over the top of the dough and top with remaining Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese.
- Use a knife to cut four to five small slits in the top to vent.
- Place the pan in the oven to bake for around 15 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
- Allow to rest for five minutes before slicing and serving.