This Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cake combines Cinnamon Toast Crunch cake mix with a crumble topping made of more Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and a simple, sweet glaze.
If you love Cinnamon Toast Crunch as much as we do, then you’re going to flip over this cake. It’s loaded with this classic, sweet cinnamon cereal from the cake to the topping. The best part is that it’s so easy to make.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s an easy recipe that uses boxed cake mix.
- It features tender, moist cake with a delicious cinnamon crumble topping.
- It is fully loaded with Cinnamon Toast Crunch flavor from the cake to the crumble.
You’ll only need a handful of ingredients to make the delicious recipe, and you’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store. Be sure to check the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
For the Cake
- Betty Crocker Cinnamon Toast Crunch cake mix plus ingredients on package
- Salted butter
- All-purpose flour
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal crushed into large crumbs
- Cinnamon Powder
For the Glaze
- Powdered sugar
🔪 How to Make Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cake
Making this cake is super simple. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time!
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper and lightly spray it with cooking spray. Set aside.
Step 2: Make the Cake
Prepare the cake mix according to the box instructions, then pour the batter into the pan and bake for 20 minutes.
Step 3: Make the Crumb Topping
While the cake bakes, combine the softened butter, flour, sugar, and cinnamon until you get large crumbs. DO NOT add the cereal. Don’t overmix.
Step 4: Top and Bake
Sprinkle the topping evenly over the cake, breaking up any overly large chunks. Then, sprinkle on the crushed cereal. Bake for another 20 minutes.
Step 5: Cool
Remove the cake and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
Step 6: Glaze the Cake
Mix the glaze ingredients in a small bowl. When the cake is cool drizzle the glaze over the top. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Cake – You can use any boxed cake mix for this recipe.
- No Cereal – This recipe works even if you don’t have cereal. The topping is delicious as-is.
- No Glaze – If you don’t want glaze, simply omit it. The cake will still be delicious.
If you love crumb cakes like this one, then check out our double crumb cake.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowls
- 9×13 pan
- Parchment paper
- Cooling rack
Store this cake at room temperature in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
- Don’t overmix your crumb topping. You want it to be nice and chunky.
- A hand mixer is the best way to make the crumb topping.
- Remove the cake as soon as it reaches the 20 minute mark before adding the crumb topping. You don’t want to overbake it!
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
A crumb cake is a cake that is topped with a crumb topping made with flour, sugar, butter, and some other flavoring like vanilla extract, cinnamon, and the like.
No one knows exactly when crumb cake was invented, but most food historians agree that it probably originated in Germany. Modern crumb cake is still very much like the first crumb cakes that were made.
Serve crumb cake with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee or tea. You can also pair it with fresh fruit or granola.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy cinnamon? Try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cake
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- mixing bowls
- 9×13 pan
- parchment paper
- cooling rack
- 15.25 ounces Betty Crocker Cinnamon Toast Crunch cake mix plus ingredients on package
- 2 sticks salted butter softened
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal large crumbs
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoon milk depending on desired thickness
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Prepare the cake mix per box instructions, making sure not to overmix. Then add to parchment paper lined pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the cake bakes, prepare the crumb topping but do not mix in the cereal. Use a standing or handheld mixer to combine the softened butter, flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Do not overmix, you want large crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the cake, breaking apart any overly large chunks. Then sprinkle the cereal crumbs on top and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
- As it cools, prepare the glaze by mixing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- When ready to serve, drizzle with the glaze and cut into squares. Enjoy!