Easy Shepherds Pie
Easy Shepherds Pie is hearty, with beef and vegetables cooked in a easy gravy, topped with cheesy creamy mashed potatoes. It’s the ultimate comfort food!
Easy Shepherds Pie… I have made many Shepherds pie’s in my day. But sometimes you just need a quick throw together recipe that tastes great and the family will love. So what I normally do is make this when I have leftover mashed potatoes but you can use instant mashed potatoes for this too if you really have to. ( I have done that also in an emergency!) Just make sure the potatoes are not runny. I make them thickish. Otherwise the instant potatoes will not set up well and when you scoop out your shepherds pie they will be runny.
This makes it easy and quick to put together that day or even the day before. So it’s easy peasy. That’s the whole idea of this recipe right? I make other Shepherds Pie’s that are more entailed and require more work. But this is my Easy Shepherds Pie when I have 20 minutes to make a quick dinner during the week and I’m short on time.
YUMMY! Make this easy meal today
Easy Shepherds Pie
- 1 lb ground beef seasoned with salt pepper and garlic salt to taste
- 2 cups of hot mashed potatoes you can use instant
- ½ package of cream cheese 4 ounces
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese more if you like
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 cups of frozen vegetables that have been thawed
- 1 cup of beef gravy (You can use jarred beef gravy or your own homemade beef gravy
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Mix the potatoes, cream cheese, garlic, and ½ of the shredded cheese together.
- Mix the mixed vegetables, gravy, and meat together.
- Put the vegetable, meat, gravy mixture into a 9″ glass baking dish
- Cover vegetable mixture with the mashed potato mixture
- Take the remaining ¼ cup of shredded cheese and cover the potatoes. ( I use more cheese)
- Bake uncover in the preheated oven for 30 minutes