Easy Slow Cooker Chili – One of the easiest and most delicious meals we make in the slow cooker. Thick and hearty and total comfort food. This is one of our favorite meals.
Easy Slow Cooker Chili is so simple to make and of course uses the simplest of ingredients!
Easy Slow Cooker Chili is on our must make dinner menu usually every other week. Leftovers freeze so well too.
Ground beef, onion, minced garlic, beef stock, kidney beans, black beans crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, packaged taco mix or you can use my taco seasoning mix which is what I use. Here is the link for the taco seasoning ( https://mariasmixingbowl.com/homemade-taco-seasoning/)
Easy Slow Cooker Chili starts out by sauteing onion. Then when they are almost done I add the garlic. Then I cook the ground beef until it is almost cocked. Then you place them both in your slow cooker.
I find sauteed onions add better flavor than raw onions to this Easy Slow Cooker Chili. Then We add all the rest of the ingredients.
By the time everything is added the slow cooker is full to the top!! But that’s ok Easy Slow Cooker Chili is a favorite and always taste better a day or two later!
Easy Slow Cooker Chili is seriously delicious comfort food!!
Easy Slow Cooker Chili will make your house smell amazing!
Set the slow cooker for 5-6 hours. I give it a stir every hour or so and yes of course a taste too. You may want to add a bit more cayenne pepper to adjust the heat for your taste.
Make this delicious Easy Slow Cooker Chili today!
Easy Slow Cooker Chili
- 3 lbs ground beef 80-85 % lean
- 1 medium onion minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 15 oz can red kidney beans
- 1 15 oz scan black beans
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 28 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 pkgs chili seasoning
- or use my taco seasoning https://mariasmixingbowl.com/homemade-taco-seasoning/
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper or more to taste
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onions. When they are just about cooked add garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Put in slow cooker. Add ground beef to skillet and cook until just about done. Drain any fat off and put into slow cooker.Add all of the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir well.Cover and cook on low for 6 hours