Grinch Peanut Butter Balls combine a rich, sweet peanut butter filling with a coating of almond bark that’s colored green and topped with a red heart. It’s so delicious and festive!
You may have noticed that we make lots of treats with a great Grinchy theme that are so fun to eat. The answer is clear if you think for a while. The Grinch’s big heart always makes us smile. Also, this recipe is fun and easy!
Not only are these Grinch peanut butter balls really delicious, they’re so much fun to make, and so festive for the holiday season. They come together pretty quickly, and with only a few ingredients needed, they’re a wonderful treat or snack. These would be great at a party, to surprise the kids after school, or as a hostess gift. Whenever you decide to serve these, they’re sure to be a welcome treat.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s an easy recipe that only uses a handful of simple ingredients.
- The peanut butter filling is rich and sweet.
- The Grinch theme is perfect for the holidays.
- It’s so delicious!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe, and they’re all easy to find. Check out the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
For the Peanut Butter Balls
- Peanut butter
- Softened butter
- Powdered sugar
For the Coating
🔪 How to Make Grinch Peanut Butter Balls
It’s so easy to make these recipes. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps, and you’re all done.
Step 1: Make the Peanut Butter Mixture
Combine butter and peanut butter in a stand mixer and mix until smooth and creamy with the whisk attachment. Then, add the powdered sugar a little at a time until blended and creamy. Place the mixing bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Step 2: Form the Balls
Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out the chilled peanut butter mixture and roll into small balls. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and chill for another 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
Step 3: Melt the Chocolate
While the peanut butter balls chill, melt the almond bark in the microwave for a minute, stopping every 10 seconds and stirring until melted. Stir well until smooth. Then, add the food coloring gel a few drops at a time until you reach your desired intensity of green.
Step 4: Dip the Balls
Place the balls on a fork and dip them in the melted chocolate. Then, return them to the parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Immediately place a red Grinch heart on the balls. Refrigerate for an hour to set. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- White Almond Bark – You can use white chocolate in place of the almond bark.
- Red Grinch Hearts – If you don’t have red Grinch hearts, use red sprinkles for a similar look.
You won’t need much to make these balls, just a few simple items.
- Measuring cups
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Cookie scoop
- Stand mixer
Store these for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator in an air-tight container. For longer storage, you can freeze them for up to 2 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag.
Although this recipe is super easy, we have a couple of tips to help make sure that everything goes smoothly for you.
- Be sure you use food coloring gel made for melted chocolate to ensure your coating doesn’t thicken or seize.
- Only dip and decorate one ball at a time. It’s important that the hearts are added while the chocolate coating is still wet.
- The link to the Grinch hearts above is the easiest way to find this ingredient.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
It’s a confection designed specifically for melting in place of chocolate.
There are no almonds or nuts of any kind in almond bark.
Water should never find its way into melted chocolate, however, regular food coloring is water-based which causes problems.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy Grinch treats? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Grinch Peanut Butter Balls
- Measuring cups
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- Cookie scoop
- Stand mixer
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Butter softened
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
Dip the Balls
- 4 squares White Chocolate Almond Bark
- Green Food Coloring Gel for melted Chocolate
- Red Grinch Hearts
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the Peanut Butter, and softened Butter (Not Melted) and using the whisk attachment, mix together until smooth and creamy.
- Add the Powdered Sugar a little at a time, and continue to mix until all the Powdered Sugar has been added, and the mixture is well blended, and creamy.
- Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl, and blend again.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the mixer, and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the refrigerator, and using a small cookie scoop, scoop out the Peanut Butter Balls mixture, and roll into small balls, and place the rolled balls on a Parchment lined cookie sheet.
- When all the balls have been rolled, place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator, for at least 15 minutes.
While the Peanut Butter Balls are chilling:
- Place the White Chocolate Almond Bark in a bowl, and microwave for about 1 minute, stopping every 10 seconds to stir the melted chocolate.
- When the Chocolate is completely melted (Depending on your microwave, it may take less than a minute, or a little more) stir well to smooth chocolate.
- Add a couple of drops of the Food Coloring Gel, and stir to blend.
- If the color is not bright green, add a couple more drops, until you have the color desired.
- Stir the chocolate to completely blend.
- Remove the Peanut Butter Balls from the refrigerator, and using a fork gently dip the Balls into the Green Chocolate, coating them all over.
- Return the Chocolate covered Balls to the parchment paper on the cookie sheet, and if desired, drizzle a little of the Chocolate over the dipped ball, then immediately place a Red Grinch Heart on the Balls, before the chocolate hardens. You’ll need to dip the Balls one at a time, and place the heart on the Ball before dipping the next one.
- When all the Balls have been dipped, and the hearts have been added, place the cookie sheet back in the refrigerator to completely set the chocolate.
- When Chocolate is set, about an hour, the Balls can be served. Enjoy!