This Grinch Popcorn is the perfect snack for the holiday season. This tasty chocolate-coated popcorn is colored green and mixed with red Grinch hearts for a fun, festive treat everyone will love.
Festive is the name of the game when it comes to holiday treats. The OTHER name of the game is easy. After all, we want to enjoy our family and friends, not be in the kitchen for hours. That’s why we love this delicious popcorn. It’s fun, festive, and fast!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s a super-easy semi-homemade treat everyone will love.
- Chocolate coated popcorn is a classic snack.
- The color is super festive.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll only need a handful of ingredients to make this recipe. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store. See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
- Organic microwave popcorn
- White chocolate almond bark
- Green food coloring gel
- Red Grinch hearts
🔪 How to Make Grinch Popcorn
Making this recipe is just as easy as you’d think from looking at the ingredient list. It only takes a few minutes to make this delicious snack.
Step 1: Make the Popcorn
Microwave the popcorn and pour it into a large bowl.
Step 2: Melt the Chocolate
Microwave the white chocolate almond bark at 15-second intervals, stirring between each interval, until the chocolate is melted. Then, add the green food coloring and stir until you reach the desired color intensity.
Step 3: Make it Grinchy
Pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn and stir until coated. Then top with red Grinch hearts. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Popcorn – Chane up the flavor of this recipe by trying butter popcorn for something a little different.
- Red Sprinkles – You can use red sprinkles in place of Grinch hearts for the same effect.
If you love popcorn treats, then check out this caramel corn cheesecake. You’ll adore it.
It only takes a couple of pieces of kitchen equipment to make this recipe. That’s it!
- Mixing bowl
- Microwaveable bowl
Store this in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
This is a super simple recipe, but we have some tips to ensure that everything goes off without a hitch.
- Be sure to stir your chocolate while melting for even heating and to prevent scorching.
- You can serve the freshly-coated popcorn in a bowl or you can spread it out on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet to let it harden.
- White chocolate almond bark is safe. It has ZERO almonds or any other nuts in it.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Absolutely. We have no idea why it’s called almond bark, as it has no almonds in it.
It’s a chocolate-like confection made with vegetable fat rather than cocoa butter. It’s flavored to taste like chocolate, but it melts, coats, and hardens more easily than chocolate.
Almond bark melts evenly and smoothly and hardens beautifully without the need to temper it the way you have to (or should) temper chocolate.
🍽 More Recipes
We’ve been on a Grinch kick lately. If you love the Grinch, then check out these recipes.
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
- Mixing Bowl
- Microwaveable Bowl
- 4 ounces Microwave Popcorn
- 2 pounds White Chocolate Almond Bark melted All 12 squares melted
- 12 drops of Green Food Coloring
- Red Grinch Hearts
- 1/2 cup Electric Green M&M's optional
- Follow the directions on the Popcorn box, and microwave the Popcorn until you’ve popped both bags.
- As the bags finish popping, place the popped corn in the extra large bowl.
- Place the squares of White Chocolate Almond Bark in a microwave safe bowl, and melt the Chocolate – about 1 minute total – stopping every 15 seconds to stir.
- If the chocolate is not completely melted after 1 minute, add another 10 seconds, and continue until the chocolate is melted.
- Stir the melted White Chocolate, then add the Green Food Coloring to the melted chocolate.
- Stir well to blend, and if the color is not bright enough, add another drop, and stir, and continue to add 1 drop and stir until you get the desired color of green
- Pour the Melted Green/White Chocolate over the popcorn, and stir with a large spoon to coat the popcorn in the melted chocolate.
- Continue to stir until all the popcorn is covered in the green melted chocolate.
- When finished, place the Chocolate in a large serving dish, or several dishes if preferred, and generously sprinkle on the Red Grinch Hearts.
- Serve, and Enjoy!