These Halloween Pudding Shots with Rum Chata are full of delicious chocolate flavor and they’re super cute, too! They’re the perfect adult Halloween treat.
We love hosting Halloween parties for our grown-up friends when the season rolls around. Costumes, food, and cocktails? What could be better? Well, now that you mention it, serving these shots absolutely makes any Halloween party better!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- The combination of chocolate and RumChata is absolutely delicious.
- They’re not too strong and not too weak.
- They’re adorable and perfect for the fall season.
- Everyone loves chocolate so this recipe is a great addition to your next Halloween party.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You only need a few ingredients to make this creamy pudding shots recipe. All of these ingredients are easy to find at your local grocery stores and liquor store. So, gather your friends and family and get ready to enjoy these chocolate pudding shots.
- Instant chocolate pudding
- Rum Chata
- Toffee Oreos
- Chocolate almond bark – melted
- Candy eyes
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Halloween Pudding Shots
Making these shots is super easy, so you’ll be able to spend most of your time enjoying your friends.
Step 1: Make the Pudding
Make the instant pudding mix according to the package directions but substitute 1 cup of RumChata for 1 cup of milk. Place the pudding mixture in the refrigerator to thicken.
Step 2: Prepare the Oreos
Scrape the filling off of the Oreos and add it to the chocolate pudding. Then, carefully cut the cookies in half with a sharp knife. Cut one of the pointed ends off of each half, making a flat side that you can stick to the shot glasses.
Step 3: Fill the Shot Glasses
Remove the pudding from the refrigerator and fill the plastic shot glasses.
Step 4: Melt the Almond Bark
Melt the chocolate almond bark in the microwave at 15-second intervals until melted and smooth.
Step 5: Decorate the Shot Glasses
Dip the flat side of an Oreo in the melted chocolate and stick it on one side of the shot glass. Repeat with another Oreo and stick it on the other side of the glass. Repeat this process for all shot glasses.
Then, place a small amount of the melted bark on the back of the candy eyes and place two eyes on each shot glass between the cookies. Now you have bats! Place them in the refrigerator to allow the chocolate bark to harden. Chill until time to serve and enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Chocolate Oreos – Chocolate-filled Oreos work well with this recipe.
- Dark Chocolate Pudding – Dark chocolate pudding makes an extra-chocolatey pudding shot.
If you like the sound of this recipe, then try these RumChata cheesecake pudding shots.
You won’t need much to make these shots.
- Large Mixing bowl
- Microwaveable bowl
- Plastic cups or plastic shot cups
Store these pudding shots in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. I like to wrap the tops of the cups in plastic wrap to keep them fresh.
- Remember that alcohol can inhibit setting as well as freezing so ONLY use 1 cup of RumChata in this recipe.
- Instead of Oreo, you can also use graham crackers for these Jell-O shots.
- You can also top this fun dessert recipe with caramel sauce, chocolate shavings, or whipped cream.
Do you have questions about this pudding cups recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions for this basic pudding shot recipe.
Yes. If you add too much, your pudding won’t set.
They don’t. You just drink more of them because the sweetness masks the alcohol.
Take it slow. Remember just like regular shots, too many of these pudding shots in quick succession will flood your body with alcohol. Try to have one at a time and keep some space between them.
🍽 More Shot Recipes
Do you enjoy unique shots? Then, try these delicious recipes:
- Pool Party Jello Shots
- Birthday Cake Shots
- Baileys Red Velvet Cupcake Jello Shots
- Orange Creamsicle Jello Shots
🧾Halloween Pudding Shots with RumChata
Want to make this Halloween Pudding Shots recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
📌 PIN IT!!
Halloween Pudding Shots with RumChata
- large mixing bowl
- Microwaveable Bowl
- Plastic cups or plastic shot cups
- 6 ounces Chocolate instant pudding
- 1 cup Rum Chata
- 1 cup Milk
- 12 Toffee Oreos cookies
- 1 cup Chocolate Almond Bark melted
- 24 small candy eyes small candy eyes
- Make the Pudding according to package directions, substituting one cup of Milk, with 1 cup of Rum Chata. Place the Pudding in the refrigerator to thicken/set up.
- Place a piece of Parchment paper on the counter, and place 12 Oreo Cookies out of the package on the Parchment Paper.
- Remove the Filling – scrape from the Cookies, and add to the Pudding mixture, stirring well to blend. With a sharp kitchen knife, carefully cut the Cookies in half. Then, cut one of the Pointed ends off of the Cookie, making one side flat – to stick to the Shot Glass.
- Remove the Pudding from the refrigerator, and fill the Shot Glass with the Pudding mixture.
- Place the Chocolate Almond Bark in a dish, and melt in the Microwave at 15 second intervals until melted, and smooth. Dip the flat side of the Oreo in the Chocolate, and stick it to the outside of the Shot Glass – using two Cookie halves – one on each side of the Glass. (See photo) Place the Shot Glasses on a cookie sheet, and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour, to set the chocolate on the Cookies.
- Using the melted chocolate, place a small amount on the back of each of the Candy Eyes, and stick the Eyes to the outside of the Shot Glass. When all Eyes have been added, place the Shot Glasses back in the refrigerator until time to serve. Serve and Enjoy!