RumChata Root Beer Float takes our childhood favorite and gives it a boozy adult kick with RumChata. This rich, creamy root beer float is a refreshing treat to serve at any summer get-together.
Summer is all about good friends, food, and drinks. You have the friends, we’re sure, and we have a ton of recipes for the food. Now, all you need is drinks, and we have the perfect one. This RumChata root beef float is perfect on a hot day.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only uses a handful of ingredients.
- It’s quick and easy.
- It’s delicious and so refreshing.
You’ll only need five ingredients to make this recipe, and they’re all available at any grocery store. There’s really nothing to these! Be sure to check the recipe card for exact quantities.
- Vanilla ice cream
- Mini root beer
- Whipped cream
- Stemmed cherries
🔪 How to Make RumChata Root Beer Float
Making this float is super simple. It just takes a minute or two, and you’ll be all done!
Step 1: Add the Ingredients
Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to a tall glass. Then, pour a mini root beer can over it. Finally, add the RumChata and stir to blend.
Step 2: Serve
Top with a generous amount of whipped cream and place a cherry on top. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Root Beer – Make this float with your favorite dark pop.
- RumChata – Try this float with plain rum, coconut rum, or even pineapple rum.
- Extra Thick – Add an extra scoop of ice cream for a thick milkshake version.
For an equally delicious, non-alcoholic float recipe, try this black cow float.
- Tall glass
- Measuring cup
This recipe makes one float, so the only place these get stored is in your belly! But seriously, they’re only good when made fresh.
- Make these immediately before serving for the best flavor.
- Keep your ice cream in the freezer until right before you’re ready to scoop so it’s as cold as possible.
- You can use any kind of whipped cream, but the canned whipped cream makes the prettiest topping.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
RumChata is an American cream liqueur made in Winsconsin. It contains rum, ice cream, cinnamon, vanilla, sugar, and other flavorings and is designed to taste like a cross between rum and horchata. Hence, the name RumChata.
Baileys has a cinnamon and vanilla variety that is a close approximation to RumChata in most cases.
RumChata is 13.75% alcohol by volume, so it’s not very strong at all.
Anything with alcohol will get you drunk if you consume enough of it. However, because RumChata is only 13.75% alcohol by volume, you’d have to be actively trying to get drunk to drink enough of it for that to happen.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy RumChata? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
RumChata Root Beer Float
- milkshake glasses
- Ice cream scoop
- ¼ cup Rum Chata
- 1 scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream
- 7.5 ounces Root Beer
- Whipped Cream
- Stemmed Cherries – to top
- In a tall glass, place the scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream, and pour the mini can of Root Beer over the Ice Cream.
- Add the Rum Chata, and stir to blend.
- Top with a generous amount of Whipped Cream, and place a Cherry on the top, with a Straw for sipping.
- Serve, and Enjoy!