Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
Peanut Butter Pie Recipe is an ahh-mazingly buttery crust topped with a rich creamy peanut butter filling and dark decadent chocolate ganache.
This Peanut Butter Pie is inspired by our love of the Tagalong Girl Scout cookies. Who doesn’t love those cookies?! If you have not tried Tagalongs before, they are a shortbread cookie topped with peanut butter and covered in chocolate. With a thick layer of peanut butter and a layer of scrumptious chocolate ganache on top of that buttery crust, you will love this dessert! The crust is total buttery deliciousness! This is like one big giant tagalong sort of pie.
We go crazy for anything chocolate and peanut butter. There is something about peanut butter and chocolate that just makes me weak in the knees. I swear chocolate and peanut butter should have it’s very own food group. I think it’s only right.
This pie is so simple to make. And who doesn’t love simple right?! The only baking involved is the crust. You can bake it the day before if you need to.
This is a decadent and indulgent peanut butter pie so a small piece can go a long way. Unless of course you go back for seconds. Yes that’s been known to happen so maybe this is a pie to made for company or to take when you go to a friends for a dinner party.
Peanut Butter Pie is on our list of must make desserts for family get togethers. Yes if it’s not there we get “the look”. I bet when you make this pie you will get “the look” too if you don’t make it again too. So make it for the family or for friends and everyone will be happy including yourself!!
More Dessert Recipes You Might Like:
Peanut Butter Pie
- 3/4 cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
Peanut utter filling
Peanut Butter Filling Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 disposable piping bag
- Crust Directions1. Preheat oven to 320 degrees and line a 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper and spray the ring with pam baking spray. Set aside2. Using a standing mixer, beat the butter for approximately 2 minutes or until pale and creamy.3. Beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract until combined4. Gradually beat in the flour and continue to mix until a dough starts to form5. Press the dough down into the bottom of the 9 inch spring form and place into the oven, baking for 16 minutes6. Allow to cool completely on a wire rackPeanut Butter Filling Directions:1. Using a standing mixer, beat together the peanut butter, butter, and powdered sugar until smooth and combined2. Pour over the cooled crust and place into the fridge for two hoursChocolate Ganache Directions1. Pour the 2 cups of chocolate chips into a heat safe bowl2. Using a small saucepan, heat the heavy whipping cream until simmering3. Pour the heated heavy whipping cream over the chocolate chips and allow to sit for one minute4. Using a whisk, whisk the chocolate chips until smooth5. Pour the chocolate ganache over the peanut butter layer and smooth into a thick layer with an offset spatula6. Place the few tablespoons of peanut butter into a microwave safe bowl, and heat for 20 seconds until smooth7. Scoop into the piping bag and cut the tip off8. Pipe lines across the top of the chocolate ganache9. Using a knife, pull the knife through the lines going in opposite direction10. Allow the ganache to harden completely before cutting and enjoying!