Milk and Cookies Layer Cake
Milk and Cookies Layer Cake
Milk and Cookies Layer Cake is a chocolate chip studded vanilla cake with cookie dough filling then all covered in a rich vanilla frosting. Memories of childhood in one big slice of cake!
Who doesn’t love milk and cookies?! Growing up when Mom and Dad would go grocery shopping I remember looking through the bags to see what kind of cereal and cookies they bought. We would never get more than 1 box of each but chocolate chip cookies were always our favorite.
Mom would make homemade chocolate chip cookies too but those store bought ones sure were special for some reason back then. Just some good childhood memories.
Anyways back to this drool worthy cake. The cake itself is actually not super sweet. It is a basic vanilla cake that gets most of it’s sweetness from the chocolate chips. Since the filling is not just your average run of the mill white frosting we think keeping the cake simpler is better.
This Milk and Cookies Layer Cake is filled with a chocolate chip frosting. It is so amazingly delicious! This cake has become a favorite!!
This cake is not very hard to decorate so don’t go thinking that it might be. It’s just vanilla frosting that you smooth out on the outside of the cake then you pipe dollops of frosting on top and place a chocolate cookie in the center of your dollop of frosting.
This cake was a huge hit from day one so now it’s always expected for birthday parties and get togethers. How can we say no?! Especially when we are looking forward to a piece ourselves. Shhh don’t tell anyone.
I think you will be doing the happy dance when you taste this cake. So will everyone around you. They will be smiling from ear to ear.
This cake is simple to assemble. After your cakes have cooled cut the domes off the cake slices. Place one cake slice onto a 12 inch round cake board. ( this makes it easier to frost) Scoop out 1 1/2 cup of the chocolate chip frosting onto the cake slice
Smooth evenly with a angled spatula Place the second cake slice onto the chocolate chip frosting. The rest is just as easy!
Make this Milk and Cookies Layer Cake for your family and friends!!
MORE DESSERT RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Strawberry Shortcake Layer Cake
Banana Peanut Butter Cupcakes
The Best Carrot Cake
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
Milk and Cookies Layer Cake
Chocolate Chip Vanilla Cake
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 4 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 9inch round cake pans
- 1 cake leveler
- 1 12 inch cake board
Chocolate Chip Frosting Ingredients
- 1 cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
Vanilla Frosting Ingredients
- 2 cups unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 5-8 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 piping bag with a star tip
- hocolate chip cookies
- Cake Directions1. Preheat oven to 350, spray cake pan with baking spray. Set aside2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined. Set aside.3. Using a standing mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time until combined after each egg. Beat in the vanilla extract4. Alternate adding flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with flour and mix until well combined5. Divide the batter between the three pans and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean6. Place cakes on wire rack to cool for 10 mins then turn out onto wire rack to cool completelyChocolate Chip Frosting Directions1. In a standing mixer, cream the brown sugar, powdered sugar and softened butter until combined. Beat in the vanilla extract2. Gradually beat in the flour until combined. Slowly beat in the milk until the consistency is what you like. Fold in the chocolate chipsVanilla Frosting Directions1. Using a standing mixer, beat together all ingredients until combined and smooth, about 5 minutes. Set asideDecorating Directions1. Using a cake leveler, cut the domes off the cake slices2. Place one cake slice onto a 12 inch round cake board3. Scoop out 1 1/2 cup of the chocolate chip frosting onto the cake slice and smooth evenly with a angled spatula3. Place the second cake slice onto the chocolate chip frosting4. Repeat steps with another 1 1/2 C chocolate chip frosting5. Place the last cake slice onto the second layer of chocolate chip cookie dough6. Scoop 2 C of vanilla frosting onto the top of the cake and smooth evenly with the angled spatula7. Frost the sides of the cake. 8. Scoop remaining frosting into the piping bag. Pipe dollops of frosting onto the top of the cake9. Place a chocolate chip cookie into the frosting dollops
Did I read this correctly..
A total of 6 cups of butter? That is 12 sticks! Seems like a lot, especially 3 cups in the cake alone. Anyone try this recioe??
Hi Jaye there is 1 1/2 cups butter in the cake, 1 cup in the chocolate chip frosting, and 2 cups in the vanilla frosting. This cake is about 10-12 servings. so small pieces go a long way.
Hi, the recipe looks delicious. I have a question about the amount of butter. In the list of ingredients for the cake, there are two amounts of butter listed: 1 1/2 cups unsalted sweet cream butter, and 3 cups butter. Does the cake batter take a total of 4 1/2 cups butter?
Hi Lisa the cake takes 1 1/2 cups butter. I don’t know why it’s showed 3 cups of butter but it’s only 1 1/2 cups
Best cake EVER. First cake I ever made
& I fell in love
With it so much that I started my own baking company.
Thank you and congratulations!!