A Kit Kat Coffee Chiller is a delicious mixed drink like nothing you’ve ever had before. Combining Kit Kat pieces, vanilla ice cream, coffee, and vodka, it’s the perfect cocktail for hot summer days and backyard parties.
If you’re looking for a different kind of adult drink to serve this summer, then you can’t beat this creamy cocktail. It’s basically a coffee float with a kick of vodka, and it. is. amazing.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It uses a handful of simple ingredients.
- It’s an easy recipe that can be made in just a few minutes.
- It’s so cooling on a hot summer day.
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe. You’ll find everything you need at your local grocery store with no problems. See the recipe card at the end of the post for exact amounts.
- Kit Kat bars
- Cold brewed coffee
- Vanilla ice cream
- Vanilla vodka
- White chocolate
- Whipped cream
- Rainbow nonpareils
🔪 How to Make Kit Kat Coffee Chiller
Making this recipe is very simple. It’s mostly just a matter of mixing after you decorate the rim of the glass.
Step 1: Rim the Glasses
Melt the white chocolate in the microwave. Then dip the tops of the glasses in it. Press broken Kit Kat pieces or Mini Kit Kat pieces into the white chocolate around the rim of the glass. Sprinkle with nonpareils.
Step 2: Crush the Kit Kat
Break the Kit Kat bars into pieces and add to a blender. Blend until they’re fine crumbs.
Step 3: Combine the Remaining Ingredients
Add the coffee, half the ice cream, and vodka to the blender and blend until smooth. Then, add the rest of the ice cream and blend again until smooth and creamy.
Step 4: Serve
Fill the rimmed glasses with the coffee chiller and garnish with Whipped Cream, nonpareils, and a few more mini Kit Kats.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Kit Kats – You can use original Kit Kat or White Chocolate Kit Kat bars.
- Vanilla Ice Cream – Try using chocolate or coffee ice cream instead.
- Nonpareils – You can use your favorite sprinkles instead.
If you love boozy shakes, then give our Baileys milkshake with brownies a try.
- Measuring cups
- Microwaveable bowl
- Large glasses
These chillers don’t store well. They become too thin in the refrigerator and freezing them makes them solid.
This recipe makes 2 drinks, so only make as many as you need at the moment. That’s the best approach.
- These chillers are essentially boozy milkshakes, so only make as many as will be drunk in the moment. They don’t store well.
- Melt the chocolate in a shallow bowl large enough to accommodate the top of your glasses.
- Canned whipped cream is the easiest to add to the tops of the chillers.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
A chiller is a coffee milkshake made with coffee and ice cream and generally topped with whipped cream. It can be non-alcoholic or alcoholic.
Yes and no. Unless you’re making Jello shots, vodka won’t change the texture of your drink, however, too much vodka will overpower the other flavors.
You CAN freeze a milkshake, but the texture is never quite right again. There’s a sweet spot between the frozen and defrosted state that is almost impossible to duplicate after freezing a milkshake.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy coffee recipes? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Kit Kat Coffee Chiller
- serving glasses
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- small plate
- 2 Kit Kat Milk Chocolate Bars – 1.5 ounces each – unwrapped
- 3/4 cup Cold Brewed Coffee
- 2 cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup Vanilla vodka
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate – melted – to rim the tops of the glasses
- Whipped Cream – I used Reddi Whip
- Rainbow nonpareils or Sprinkles of Your choice
- Kit Kat Bars – chopped for Garnish – or Mini Kit Kat White Chocolate Candies
- Open the Kit Kat Chocolate Bars, and break bars into pieces.
- Place the Candy Bar pieces in the Blender container, and blend until bars become fine crumbs.
- Add the Coffee, and half of the Ice Cream, Vodka, and place the lid on the Blender, and blend until smooth.
- Add the remaining Ice Cream, cover, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Melt the White Chocolate in the Microwave, and dip the tops of the glasses in the White Chocolate.
- Place the Broken Candy bar pieces, or the Mini Candies in the White Chocolate, around the edge of the glasses, and sprinkle with Nonpareils.
- Pour the Coffee Chiller into glasses, and garnish with Whipped Cream, and more Nonpareils, or Sprinkles.
- Place a few more Mini Candies on top of the Whipped Cream.
- Serve, and Enjoy!