This Baileys Milkshake with Brownies is rich, creamy, and so delicious. It’s full of chocolaty, creamy goodness, and it’s as pretty as it is tasty!
We love cocktails, and we love milkshakes. So we’ve put them both together with this milkshake just for the grown-ups. It’s a rich, thick milkshake with an adult kick.
Talk about a wonderful all-grown-up milkshake, you’re going to love this one. It’s got bits of Brownie, and Bailey’s Sweet Cream Liqueur in it, with ice cream, and whipped cream, and cherry to top it all off.
It’s thick and rich, and just a fabulous drink. You could serve this on game day, tailgating, or just because. But no matter when you decide to share this with friends or family, it will be loved by all.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s super thick and rich.
- It’s full of delicious coffee and chocolate flavor.
- It looks beautiful.
- It’s so easy to make!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This milkshake uses a handful of simple ingredients that you’ll have no problem finding at your local grocery store. We’re sharing the ingredients that make this milkshake so delicious here. You’ll find the complete ingredient list along with quantities in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Baileys Original Irish Cream
- Entenmann’s Brownie Bites
- Bakers Milk Chocolate Melting Chocolate
- Haagen-Dazs Irish Cream Brownie Ice Cream
🔪 How to Make Baileys Milkshake with Brownies
This is an incredibly easy recipe to make. It takes less than a handful of steps, and you’ll be done in no time.
Step 1: Prep
Crumble a package of brownie bites into small pieces. Then, melt the chocolate in a shallow dish in the microwave.
Step 2: Rim the Glasses
Dip the rim of a large glass into the melted chocolate, then immediately into the crumbled brownie pieces. Chill in the freezer to set the chocolate and brownie rim.
Step 3: Make the Milkshake
Combine the milk, Baileys, and ice cream in a large pitcher and mix until thick and creamy. Remove the glass from the freezer and pour it into the shake. Then, top with a generous amount of whipped cream and top with a cherry and more crushed brownie bits. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Ice Cream: You can use your favorite flavor of ice cream with this recipe. Chocolate, vanilla, and coffee flavors all work well.
- Brownie Bites: We love Entenmann’s, but you can use your favorite brand.
- Any Chocolate: Any brand of melting chocolate will work. Even chocolate chips will work in a pinch.
If you think this looks delicious, then check out this coypcat Chick Fil-A peppermint shake. It’s fantastic!
- Measuring cup
- Large glass
As this makes one serving, we recommend simply enjoying it immediately. If for some reason you can’t finish it, store it in the freezer in a tightly covered container for up to a week. Then, leave it in the fridge for about an hour to turn it from ice cream back into a shake.
- Outside of a blender, the easiest way to blend your milkshake is with a fork, believe it or not. A whisk is too flexible, and it’s harder to break up the ice cream with a spoon.
- Leave the glass in the freezer until just before pouring in the milkshake. It will keep the shake colder for longer.
Do you have questions about Baileys Milkshake recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
In 1922, Ivar “Pop” Coulson, a Chicago Walgreens employee add two scoops of ice cream to malted milk, and milkshakes were born.
If you plan on drinking it within about an hour, you can put your milkshake in the fridge. Any longer than that, and you’ll need to put it in the freezer.
You’re actually softening it more than defrosting it. But simply put it in the refrigerator for a few hours to soften up a bit, then stir and enjoy.
🍽 More Adult Treats
If you love sweet treats with an adult twist, then check these out.
- Baileys Red Velvet Cupcake Jello Shots
- Baileys Strawberries and Cream Cheesecake
- Halloween Pudding Shots with Rum Chata
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Bailey’s Milkshake with Brownies
- milkshake glasses
- microwaveable plate or bowl
- large pitcher
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 1 ounce Entenmann's Brownie Bites
- 2 ounces Bakers Milk Chocolate melting chocolate from the baking aisle
- 2 scoops Haagen-Dazs Irish Cream Brownie Ice Cream
- Redi-Whip Whipped Cream – to top
- Maraschino Cherries – to top
- Open the Brownie Bites, (1 individual Package) and crumble the Brownies into small pieces.
- Place the Melting Chocolate on a plate or shallow dish, and melt it in the microwave.
- Dip the Rim of the Glass in the melted Chocolate, and immediately in the crumbled Brownie pieces.
- Place the Glass in the Freezer to set the Chocolate.
- In a large Pitcher, add the Milk, Bailey’s, and Ice Cream, and stir until thick and creamy.
- Remove the Glass from the freezer, and pour the Milkshake into the Glass.
- Add a generous amount of whipped cream, and top with a Cherry.
- Sprinkle Crumbled Brownies on top of the Whipped Cream.
- Add a festive straw, or two, Serve, and Enjoy!!!!