Korean Bibimbap Recipe- If you’ve never heard of Bibimbap, it’s a Korean dish that combines rice, seasoned vegetables, meat, egg, and a variety of other toppings. This is such an easy dish to make and perfect for a weeknight meal .
We love this Korean Bibimbap recipe. It is such a flexible dish. You can use ground beef instead of thin sliced beef if you like. I just happened to get some thin sliced grass fed thin sliced beef on sale so I grabbed it.
I take some shredded carrots and slice some cucumbers thin and let them sit in rice vinegar for about 4 hours to marinate.
We always use baby bok choy and garlic sauteed in cooking oil. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
Using the same pan add 2 teaspoons cooking oil to pan. Season beef with salt and pepper. Add beef to the pan and cook a bit, then you will be adding the tasty sauce!!
Be careful not to overcook your beef or it will become tough.
Cook your rice while you are preparing the baby bok choy. I use jasmine rice for almost everything but you can use whatever you like.
Korean Bibimbap really is super simple to make. After the first time making this you will fly through it the second time. You will realize you can throw anything in there you like.
Make this Korean Bibimbap today!
Korean Bibimbap - If you’ve never heard of Bibimbap, it’s a Korean dish that combines rice, seasoned vegetables, meat, egg, and a variety of other toppings. This is such an easy dish to make and perfect for a weeknight meal .
Servings: 4 people
- 4 cups jasmine rice, cooked
- 1 1/2 lb thin sliced beef
- 1 1/4 lb baby bok choy, cleaned and chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tbs chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ponzu sauce or soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 tsp cooking oil, divided
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, I used black and white
- salt and pepper to tasste
- Slice cucumber thinly and place in a bowl. Add half of rice wine vinegar. Add carrots to a bowl and add the other half of rice wine vinegar and let veggies sit for 1-2 hours.Cook rice if rice isn't already cooked while you prepare the rest of your ingredients.Prepare the baby bok choy . Heat a large skillet over medium flame and add the cooking oil. Add the baby bok choy. Sauté the for a few minutes, or until it is cooked crisp . Drizzle the sesame oil over top and season with salt to taste. Remove the baby bok choy and keep warm.Dry the beef before you cook it with a paper towel. Add the beef to the skillet used to cook the baby bok choy. Cook the beef until medium , then add the chili garlic sauce, ponzu sauce, and brown sugar. Stir and cook for about 1-2 minutes. Fry 4 large eggs in oil. I fry 2 at a time.
Build the bowls by first adding 1 cup cooked rice to the bowl, followed by 1/4 of the cooked baby bok choy, 1/4 of the beef, then some sliced cucumber, shredded carrots, a cooked egg, sesame seeds over top. Add salt and pepper as desired.
Make this Korean Bibimbap today!!