Low Carb White Castle Pie – This is as close as you can get to a White Castle burger when your doing a low carb diet. But you know what? This is really good!
When I first made this Low Carb White Castle Pie I didn’t tell my family it was anything but a hamburger pie. They heard”hamburger” and that’s all that they needed to hear.
When I first made this recipe I made it with the onion soup mix that was what it originally called ( one package of Lipton Onion soup Mix) for but I thought it was much too salty. But White Castle burgers has those famous chopped up onions so I decided to soak the dried onions in boiled beef broth for about an hour or so and that gave it just enough salt and the right amount of onions.
You can certainly add some Lipton onion soup if you like. Maybe add half a package to the beef mixture. We just don’t like super salty things.
We love this recipe. It is simple to make and has so much flavor. It has become a staple in my house. We always have ground beef in the freezer and everything else is always in my fridge or pantry. Leftovers are always great for lunch too.
Make this Low Carb white Castle Pie now!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup dried onion soaked in 1 cup hot beef broth
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil beef broth and let the dried onion soak for an hour or so.
- Brown the hamburger, drain the fat add onions, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place meat in a greased 9-10 inch pie plate. Stir in half of the cheese, then top with the remaining cheese.
- Whisk the eggs, mayonnaise, cream and a dash of pepper well; pour evenly over the meat.
- Bake at 350º for 30-35 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.