Nacho Hot Dogs
This Nacho Hot Dog Recipe is about to change everything that you know about hot dogs. One bite and you’ll be transported to a world full of flavor, crunch, and delicious goodness.
Most people enjoy a good hot dog. No matter if you’re at the ballpark watching a baseball game or snuggled up around the campfire, a good hot dog just offers comfort to that type of ambiance. So you have to try this Nacho Hot Dog Recipe!
You will be loving this Nacho Hot Dog!! It’s a hot dog like no other!
But what if I told you that hot dogs could do so much more? The toppings alone can transform a hot dog from good to great and give it a taste and texture that you never even knew was possible. That’s right these Nacho Hot Dogs are all about the toppings adding extra flavor to the already amazing hot dog.
Are these nacho hot dogs spicy?
They are. This is because of the added jalapeno. However, if you don’t want to make it spicy, simply omit those parts. You can do whatever you’d like to change up the flavor of this dog so that you enjoy it. But if you like a bit of heat you will want to leave those jalapenos in there especially since you will be adding a little bit of mango to your hot dog too. Change it up for the kids of course.
Why add mangoes to your Nacho Hot Dog?
Adding in the mango chunks just might raise a few eyebrows. But I can assure you, it’s so delicious and good. Mango goes very well with spicy foods, fish and salsas so it just makes sense to try it out as a topping on this delicious nacho hot dog.
It combines perfectly with the jalapenos and gives it that “sweet and salty” flavor that is incredibly popular and fun. Once we tried it we were hooked!
Where would you serve these Nacho Hot Dogs?
This is the kicker. You can honestly make them up and serve them whenever you want. Perfect for 4th of July parties, outdoor BBQ’s or just as a new twist on your classic campfire hot dog…there really is no wrong time or place to make and eat them. We serve them for dinner sometimes when we just want something different. Yes they are that good!
Have fun with these delicious Nacho Hot Dogs. They add such a fun and unique flavor to the traditional hot dog that will make you appreciate the simplicity that much more.
Have you ever had a nacho hot dog before? Now is your chance to give it a try.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
Hawaiian Pizza Sliders
Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Easy Taco Pie
Nacho Hot Dog Recipe
- 6 all-beef spicy or Jalapeno' hot dogs
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp pepper jack cheese
- 6 Barillo buns or a sturdy hot dog roll
- 2 tbsp. tomatillo sauce
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeds removed and diced
- 1/4 cup diced mangoes
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced avocados
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 oz. tortilla chips, crushed
- 1. Preheat oven to 350' degrees.2. Fill a medium sauce pan with water and heat on high. Add the spicy dogs and cook until done about 10 minutes.3. Remove the center of the bun to hold the hot dog. Add the hot dog to the bun. Coat each hot dog with cheese. 4. Place in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. 5. Top each dog with half of the crushed chips, tomatoes, jajapenos, mangoes, and onions. 6. Drizzle with the tomatillo sauce and salsa. 7. Garnish cilantro, and avocado. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply