No Bake Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Bars are as nostalgic as they are delicious. A luscious peanut butter base is topped with a rich chocolate layer for a peanut butter and chocolate treat everyone will love.
If you love chocolate and peanut butter, then you’ve come to the right place. These peanut butter bars are chock full of peanut butter and chocolate flavor, and their texture is so rich and delicious. They’re a favorite treat of ours, and once you make them, they’ll be a favorite of yours.
Everyone loves those Peanut Butter Bars they used to serve at the school cafeteria. This no bake version is just as amazing! Peanut butter and graham crackers come together to create the luscious base layer that is then topped with a layer of chocolate. These are a quick, delicious sweet treat everyone loves.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only uses a handful of simple ingredients.
- It’s an easy recipe that comes together quickly.
- Peanut butter and chocolate are a classic pairing that everyone loves.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
It only takes 5 ingredients to make this recipe, and they’re all easily found at your local grocery store. Be sure to take a look at the recipe card at the end of the post for exact amounts.
- Powdered sugar
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Creamy peanut butter
- Melted semi-sweet chocolate chips
🔪 How to Make No Bake Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Bars
Making these bars is just as easy as shopping for the ingredients. In just a few minutes and a few simple steps, you’ll be all done.
Step 1: Prep
Line an 8×8 baking dish with foil, leaving some overhand on the outer edges to make it easier to remove the bars from the pan.
Step 2: Make the Peanut Butter Mixture
Melt the butter in a large microwaveable bowl. Then, add the powdered sugar, graham cracker crumbs, and peanut butter. Mix until combined. Spread the mixture evenly into the baking pan.
Step 3: Make the Chocolate Topping
Melt the chocolate chips in a microwaveable bowl in 30-second intervals until melted and smooth. Then, spread the chocolate evenly over the peanut butter mixture.
Step 4: Chill
Refrigerate for an hour until firm. Then, carefully remove from the pan and cut into 16 bars. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Chunky – Use chunky peanut butter in place of creamy.
- Peanut Butter – Use almond or cashew butter in place of peanut butter.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate – Try using milk, dark, or white chocolate chips.
If you love the chocolate and peanut butter combo of these bars, then check out our peanut butter pie.
- Measuring cups
- Microwaveable bowls
- Baking dish
- Spatula or spoon
Store these bars in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 4 days. For longer storage, freeze them for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
- Be sure to stir your peanut butter mixture very well to ensure everything is thoroughly combined.
- It’s important to leave enough foil around the edges so you have something to grab when taking out the bars.
- For the perfect cut, run your knife under hot water. Then, quickly wipe it dry and make your cut. Repeat until you’ve cut out all the bars.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
They’re the homemade equivalent of the dessert bars we used to get at school. A base of a creamy peanut butter mixture is topped with a layer of melted chocolate.
You sure can. Any peanut butter will work. Just remember that organic peanut butter separates, so you’ll have to be extra diligent when mixing the ingredients.
Simply leave them in the refrigerator overnight!
📌 PIN IT!!
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy peanut butter? Then try these delicious recipes:
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
No Bake Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Bars
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips melted
- Line a 8×8 baking dish with foil and leave some overhang on the sides to make it easier to remove the bars from pan.
- In a large microwave bowl melt the butter.
- To the butter add the powdered sugar, graham cracker crumbs and peanut.
- Mix until well combined.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate chips in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth.
- Refrigerate 1 hour until firm.
- Remove the bars from pan and carefully slice into 16 bars.