This Orange Creamsicle Lush is a delicious no-bake recipe that is perfect for hot summer days. Sweet, creamy, and bursting with tropical citrus flavor, it’s a refreshing treat that the whole family will love.
This is one of our favorite recipes to make when we’re in the mood for something special. But don’t feel like heating up the house by turning on the oven. Plus, it’s great for summer holiday cookouts like Memorial Day or the 4th of July.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s a no bake dessert so there is no need to worry about turning on the oven.
- Plus, the combination of orange and cream is so delicious. It’s like summer in a bowl!
- It’s a refreshing dessert with a tropical flavor that makes it perfect for hot summer days.
You will need a few simple ingredients to help you make this sweet treat recipe. The best part about this dessert recipe is that all of the ingredients are easy to find at your local grocery store, so you don’t have to worry about driving all over town to find specialty ingredients.
- Golden Oreo cookies
- Orange gelatin
- Boiling water
- Vanilla instant pudding & pie filling mix
- Cold milk
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Whipped topping
- Mandarin oranges
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Orange Creamsicle Lush
Making this creamy orange dessert recipe is so simple. Just follow the instructions below or in the recipe card at the bottom of the post and you will have a sweet and creamy dessert recipe that your entire family will enjoy in no time at all.
Step 1: Make the crust
In your food processor crush all the cookies into crumbs. And, then place the cookies into a large bowl and add the melted butter. Stir until well blended.
Step 2: Add the crust to the baking dish
Press the cookie crumbs into the bottom of a 9×13 glass baking dish.
Step 3: Make the orange gelatin
In a small bowl, place the orange gelatin, and add the boiling water. Whisk together until combined and most of the gelatin is dissolved.
Step 4: Make the vanilla pudding and then add the orange
In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry pudding mixes and milk until combined. Whisk the orange gelatin into the vanilla pudding until completely combined.
Step 5: Make the cream cheese mixture
In a large bowl using an electric mixer combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping.
Step 6: Layer the dessert
Spread over cookie crust. And, then spread the orange jello/pudding layer over the cream cheese layer. Use the rest of the whipped topping to top the gelatin layer.
Step 7: Garnish and chill
Garnish with oranges and mint. And, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Then slice and serve.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Add-ins: Try adding white chocolate chips, strawberries, or other fruits to the layers.
- Chocolate: You can drizzle also top the dessert with melted dark or white chocolate for a richer flavor.
If you love creamy orange dessert recipes like this one, then you may also enjoy this Cranberry Orange Cheesecake recipe.
You will need a few kitchen tools to help you make this recipe. Gather these tools and get ready to enjoy this sweet and creamy dessert recipe.
- Food Processor
- 9×13 baking dish
- Mixing Bowls
- Whisk/ spatula
Storage – Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Here are a few tips that you can use to make sure that this dessert turns out perfectly for you every time that you make it.
- For best results, chill this dessert for at least 4 hours prior to serving it.
- You can use a sugar-free pudding mix or gelatin to reduce the amount of sugar in this recipe.
- Make sure that all of your ingredients are at room temperature before mixing them together. This will help ensure that everything is combined properly.
- If you are using frozen whipped topping, make sure that it is thawed before use.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
This name comes from the fact that it is made up of layers that are both creamy and light.
Yes, you can definitely use any type of cookies you like. Just make sure to grind it into crumbs in your food processor and then combine it with melted butter.
No, it is not recommended to freeze this dessert because it will become mushy when thawed.
Yes, you can definitely customize the flavors of this dessert. Just substitute any flavor of pudding mix and gelatin that you like.
🍽 More Orange Recipes
Do you enjoy oranges, try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Orange Creamsicle Lush
- Food processor
- 9×13 baking dish
- mixing bowls
- Whisk/ spatula
- 36 vanilla oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 6 ounces orange gelatin powder
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- 6.8 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 ½ cups cold milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 16 ounces whipped topping
- Mandarin oranges and mint leaves for garnish
- In your food processor crush all the cookies into crumbs.
- Place the cookies into a large bowl and add the melted butter.
- Stir until well blended.
- Press the cookie crumbs into the bottom of a 9×13 glass baking dish.
- Next prepare the fillings.
- In small bowl, place the orange gelatin, and add the boiling water.
- Whisk together until combined and most of the gelatin is dissolved.
- In medium bowl, whisk together the dry pudding mixes and milk until combined.
- Whisk the orange gelatin into the vanilla pudding until completely combined.
- In large bowl using an electric mixer combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping.
- Spread over cookie crust.
- Spread the orange jello/pudding layer over the cream cheese layer.
- Use the rest of the whipped topping to top the gelatin layer.
- Garnish with oranges and mint.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours.