If you love to embrace the cuter side of Halloween, then you’ll love these Oreo Monster Cookies. They’re coated in white chocolate, colored to look like monsters, and of course, loaded with Oreo goodness.
We love blood and gore as much as the next couple when it comes to Halloween, but sometimes, we enjoy the more adorable side of the holiday. That’s why we always love making these adorably delicious cookies.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- They embrace the cute side of Halloween.
- They’re a great addition to Halloween parties for kids or adults.
- They’re super easy to make and only take a few ingredients.
- All of these ingredients are easy to find at your local grocery store.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Original Oreo Cookies
- White chocolate almond bark
- Wilton candy monster eyes
- Assorted sprinkles
- Green, orange, and purple food coloring gel
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Oreo Monster Cookies
Making these cookies is just as easy as gathering up the ingredients. You’ll only need a few minutes to make them!
Step 1: Melt the Almond Bark
Microwave the white chocolate almond bark in a microwaveable bowl until completely melted. Then, divide it evenly into 3 bowls. Color one orange, one green, and one purple.
Step 2: Coat the Oreos
Fill the cookie molds half full of the melted chocolate, and press an Oreo into each mold. Then fill the mold with more chocolate, covering the Oreos.
Step 3: Chill
Place the mold in the refrigerator and chill for an hour or until the chocolate is completely set.
Step 4: Decorate
Remove the mold from the refrigerator and pop the cookies out of it. Then, spread a small amount of melted chocolate in a matching color onto a cookie. Cover the melted chocolate in sprinkles. Finally, dip the end of a small spoon in the melted chocolate and place a dab on the back of each monster eye. Place the eyes on the cookie. Repeat until all cookies are decorated and chill again. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Chocolate Almond Bark – Use chocolate almond bark for more flavor and a different look to your cookies.
- Candy Eyes – Use any kind of candy eye you like. They have lots of different kinds.
- Your Favorite Oreo – Use your favorite Oreo to change up this recipe.
For some adult goodness to go along with these Oreo Monster Cookies, check out these Halloween Pudding Shots!
You’ll only need a handful of simple kitchen items to make this recipe.
- Microwaveable bowl
- Cookie molds
- Small wooden spoon
- Mixing spoon
You can store these cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
We only have a couple of tips for these cookies. They’re that easy to make.
- You might have to heat the melted chocolate for a few more seconds when it’s time to decorate the cookies. Just heat it at 15-second intervals until it’s melted again.
- Be sure you let your cookies completely chill before decorating them.
- I used a whoopie pie mold to make this sweet treat. But, you can dip these cookies and then place them on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper to dry instead.
- Instead of almond bark, you can use colored candy melts instead.
- Make sure that you use gel food coloring for these Halloween cookies. The liquid food coloring will make the chocolate too runny.
- If your chocolate is too thick, you can add a small amount of coconut oil to thin it out a little.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Almond bark is specifically designed to melt and reharden easily. Chocolate requires tempering in order to be used for a recipe like this.
They’ll last for up to a week in the refrigerator.
We don’t recommend it. They can sweat and crack as they defrost, even if defrosted in the refrigerator.
🍽 More Easy Recipes
Do you enjoy Oreos? Then try these delicious recipes:
🧾Oreo Monster Cookies
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
📌 PIN IT!!
Oreo Monster Cookies
- 15.25 ounces Oreo Cookies
- 16 ounces White Chocolate Almond Bark
- Wilton candy eyes
- Assorted Sprinkles
- Green,Orange, Purple, Food Coloring Gel Orange, Purple, Food Coloring Gel
- Place the White Chocolate Almond Bark in a bowl, and Microwave until completely melted.
- Divide evenly into Three bowls.
- Color one bowl Orange, one bowl Green, and one bowl Purple.
- Fill the molds half full of the Chocolate, and press an Oreo into the Colored Chocolate, and then fill the Mold with more Chocolate, covering the Oreo.
- Place the Mold in the refrigerator until the chocolate is completely set, about an hour.
- Remove the Mold from the refrigerator, and pop the Cookies out of the mold.
- Spread a small amount of the same color melted chocolate on the top of the cookie, and cover the chocolate in the Sprinkles of choice.
- Dip the end of a small spoon in the melted chocolate, and place the chocolate on the back of the eyes, and stick the eyes to the Cookie; use as many or as little eyes as you choose on the Cookies.
- Allow about an hour for the Sprinkles and Eyes to set.