Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
You’re going to love this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake! It’s a rich chocolate cake with a thick creamy peanut butter filling topped with chocolate ganache and chips. Does it get any better than that?
The two flavors of chocolate and peanut butter are truly a match made in heaven. Not only do they go together perfectly but they both have staying power that will stick with your taste buds long after you took your very last bite.
When it comes to baking a delicious dessert that you know is going to deliver, you can’t go wrong with this Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake. It’s perfect for holidays, family gatherings, or just a treat for yourself after you’ve had a long week of work.
Can you use crunchy peanut butter in this recipe?
Honestly, this is totally up to you. It’s all going to be on what texture you’re looking for and hoping to get. The creamy peanut butter gives this cake a nice, smooth look and feel but if you want crunchy, just be aware that it’s going to change the total look and outcome of the cake. However, if you’re a crunchy peanut butter fan, it could be a fun twist!
How do you store this Chocolate cake recipe?
Once you’ve baked the cake and let it cool, you need to store it in an airtight container so it stays as fresh and as moist as possible. Find one that has a lid that you can twist or clasp easily so that it does its best to keep the air out. No one wants to chow down on cake that’s dried out when you could have taken the steps to prevent it in the first place.
This chocolate cake recipe is one that you can easily make up for yourself or your family and friends. Gather up your needed ingredients and have fun baking this cake. Once you try the final result, we think that you’re going to be very pleased with the efforts!
OTHER DESSERTS YOU MIGHT LIKE!
- 3/4 cup butter, soft
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 small pkg instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 sticks butter, room temp
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
1. In mixer, cream butter and sugar together
2. Add eggs 1 at a time
3. Beat in vanilla
4. Combine all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl (including pudding mix)
5. Add dry mix to the mixing bowl alternating with the milk and buttermilk.
6. Add the vegetable oil and mix until well combined and not lumpy
7. Pour into greased/floured cake pans (2 ) 8in
8. Bake at 350 for about 20-25 mins until toothpick comes out clean.
9. Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan
For the peanut butter Frosting:
1. In mixer combine room temperature butter and peanut butter and beat until fluffy
2. Beat in vanilla
3. Add in powdered sugar a little at a time
4. Mix until the frosting is smooth and fluffy
5. Spread over bottom layer of cake
6. Top frosting with the 2nd cake
For the ganache :
1. In a small saucepan, heat heavy whipping cream until just before it boils
2. Pour chocolate chips into a separate bowl
3. Add hot heavy whipping cream to chocolate chips and whisk until smooth consistency
4. Let cool for a few minutes and pour over cake starting in the center and letting in spill over the sides of the cake
5. Decorate with some chocolate chips and peanut butter chips.