Pecan Pie Cheesecake
Pecan Pie Cheesecake
Do you love the taste of pecan pie and cheesecake? If so, you’re going to fall in love with this Pecan Pie Cheesecake! It’s a beautiful combination of the two that is certain to make your taste buds happy.
If you have the same debate every year in your home about whether or not you should make cheesecake or pecan pie for the holidays, this year you don’t have to choose.
Instead, you can whip up this dessert that offers the best of both worlds. Every single bite has the flavors of pecan pie and cheesecake and is about to rock your world.
This is the best cheesecake we have ever eaten, and quite possibly the best dessert ever. It’s just unbelievably delicious. If you love Pecan Pie, and like us, you’re a cheesecake lover, you will love this, trust me. This is an absolutely stunning dessert to serve to guests, or on a dessert or buffet table.
Everyone will love this, and it will become your go to Holiday dessert. The cheesecake is smooth, rich and creamy, and the crust is crunchy, and so flavorful, but the topping is what really sets it off, with the sweet silky pecan pie filling, and then the crunchy pieces of nuts.
When you put it all together, it’s really amazing. Drool You will fall in love with this one, so be sure to keep it in your favorites file.
Can I leave the pecans out of the crust?
If you don’t want to add in the pecans to the crust, you don’t have to. You can easily leave them out and just focus in on the fact that you just have to use crushed up graham and butter. And if you really don’t like the idea of making your own crust for this dish, you can just buy a premade one from the store.
How do you store this pecan pie cheesecake once cooked?
Once you have it done and ready to store, you need to make certain that you keep it in the fridge. It needs to be kept cool and should be fine for at least 5 days after making it.
While this is the perfect holiday dessert to have on your radar, don’t forget to share it with all your family and friends. You can easily make this up and take it to your loved ones home so that everyone can enjoy.
We promise that the flavor of this pie is unlike anything that you’ve ever had. It’s going to have you wanted another bite even before you’re done with your first. Get ready to fall in love with this delicious cheesecake.
OTHER DESSERTS YOUR GOING TO LOVE:
Copycat Starbucks Lemon Loaf
Chocolate Orange Shortbread Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookies
Pecan Pie Cheesecake
FOR THE CRUST:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup ground pecans
- 1/4 cup ground pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- a pinch of salt
FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
- 3 8 ounce packages of cream cheese - softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp corn starch
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 2 cups chopped pecans, or pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt the stick of butter for the crust.
- Place the pecans in a small blender and pulse until ground, or crumb-like. Add the graham cracker crumbs, ground pecans, sugar, and salt to the melted butter, and stir well to coat. Line the bottom of a 9 inch spring-form pan with Parchment paper, and press the graham cracker crust mixture evenly into the pan. Place the Spring-form pan/crust into the freezer.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the softened cream cheese, and heavy cream, and blend until smooth and creamy. Add the brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla, and eggs, one at a time, and blend well.
- Add the corn starch, and mix until well blended. Remove the crust from the freezer, and pour the cheesecake filling into the spring-form pan. Place in the oven at 425 degrees for 20 minutes, and then turn the heat down to 300 degrees and bake an additional 45 minutes.
- If the cheesecake cracks on top during baking, that's okay, because you'll be adding the topping. and it won't be visible. Once the cheesecake is baked, Take it out of the oven, and place on the counter white you make the topping.
- PLEASE READ*******(I placed my Spring-form pan (with the cheesecake in it) in a larger spring-form pan to prevent the topping from running over the sides - and added foil to the outside of the spring-form pan the cheesecake is in; you don't have to place it in another pan, I just did that to prevent a spill. You can just place foil under the cheesecake in the oven - but, you do need to wrap the spring-form pan the cheesecake is in, in foil, as it will prevent the crust from burning, because you're going to bake it again to set the topping).
- To make the topping; in a heavy saucepan, add the butter, and heat until melted. Add the pecans, brown sugar, white sugar, corn syrup, heavy cream and vanilla, and cook on low until all blended. add the flour, and stir well to thicken.
- Place foil around the outside of the Spring-form pan the cheesecake is in, and up the sides, to prevent topping from running over. Pour the topping over the cheesecake, and return to the oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until the topping is thick, set, and golden brown. (you can stick a toothpick in the topping to see if it has set up, and no longer runny). Remove from the oven, and allow to cool to room temperature - about 3 hours.
- When cooled, wrap in parchment paper and then in foil, and refrigerate overnight for best results. (I refrigerated mine for 24 hours before serving). Serve in 2 inch pieces, and Enjoy!