This Poison Apple Cocktail combines spiced rum, apple cider, and cranberry juice to create a delicious fall drink for the grownups that everyone will love. It’s the perfect drink for sipping on the porch or at your next Halloween party.
If you’ve been looking for the perfect cocktail for your next party, Halloween or otherwise, then you’ve found it. Honestly, this cocktail should be the official drink of fall.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s a super easy cocktail to make.
- The spiced rum and apple cider make a warm, inviting combo.
- It’s perfect for any fall or Halloween get-together.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This incredibly simple cocktail recipe only uses a handful of ingredients. You don’t need anything fancy! You’ll find the ingredient list complete with amounts in the recipe card below.
- Spiced rum
- Apple cider
- Cranberry juice
- Gold edible luster dust (optional)
🔪 How to Make This Poison Apple Cocktail
It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps to make this easy recipe.
Step 1: Combine the Ingredients
Add ice, rum, apple cider, cranberry juice, and gold luster dust to your cocktail shaker.
Step 2: Shake and Chill
Shake vigorously to combine and chill.
Step 3: Serve
Pour through a stainer into a cocktail glass and garnish with fresh apple slices if desired.
Apple Juice: If you can’t find apple cider you can use apple juice instead.
Apple Vodka: Instead of spice rum you can also add apple vodka for a witchy twist on this tasty drink.
If you’re looking for another Halloween-themed adult treat, then check out these bat Halloween pudding shots.
It takes less than a handful of items to make this recipe.
- Measuring cups
- Cocktail shaker
Store these in your belly! Seriously, though, this recipe makes one cocktail at a time, so there will be no need for storage. Like most cocktails, this wouldn’t be very good after being stored anyway.
Here are a few tips to make sure that your poison apple Halloween cocktail turns out perfectly every time that you make it.
- This is one of the simplest, easiest cocktail recipes you’ll ever make, so we only have one tip: drink responsibly!
- You can garnish this adult beverage with swizzle sticks, edible glitter, or cinnamon sticks.
- You can use a martini glass, highball glass, or even a wine glass to serve this delicious drink.
- The edible luster dust is what gives this drink the crazy swirl-y effect, but you can leave it out if you prefer. It just won’t be as colorful.
- Make this into a party punch recipe by leaving out the rum in this delicious cocktail. You could make a kid-friendly punch and an adult signature cocktail for your party guests.
Do you have questions about this festive Halloween cocktail recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Spiced rum is simply rum that’s been infused with spices.
The flavor varies a bit from brand to brand, but in general, it has notes of vanilla, cinnamon, and fruit.
Generally speaking, keeping your cocktail consumption at 2 or less will keep you sober.
🍽 More Cocktail Recipes
Do you enjoy cocktails? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Poison Apple Cocktail
- Cocktail glasses
- measuring jigger
- cocktail shaker
- 2 oz. Spiced Rum
- 2 oz. Apple Cider
- 1 oz. Cranberry juice
- ⅛ tsp. Gold edible luster dust
- Optional fresh apple slices for garnish
- To your cocktail shaker, add ice, rum, apple cider, cranberry juice, and gold luster dust!
- Shake to combine and chill.
- Pour, strained, into your favorite cocktail glass.
- Optional, garnish with fresh apple slices.