Ritz Cracker Treats are sweet and salty treats that you won’t be able to stop eating. Salty Ritz crackers and sweet marshmallows come together to create a sweet and savory snack perfect for any occasion.
We’re big fans of getting creative with recipes. That’s why we decided to take our favorite crackers and combine them with the sensibilities of Rice Krispies Treats. What we ended up with is out of this world.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only takes 4 simple ingredients.
- It’s super easy to make and only takes a few minutes of prep.
- It’s a sweet and salty snack that everyone will love.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You need less than a handful of ingredients to make these easy Ritz cracker treats, and you probably have most if not all of them in your kitchen right now. See the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
- Ritz crackers
- Vanilla extract
🔪 How to Make Ritz Cracker Treats
This recipe is incredibly easy and only takes a few minutes of prep. You’ll be all done in no time flat.
Step 1: Prep
Grease an 8×8 casserole dish and set aside.
Step 2: Crush the Ritz Crackers
Place the Ritz crackers in a resealable bag and crush them using a rolling pin.
Step 3: Melt the Marshmallows
Place the butter and marshmallows in a large microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir well and repeat until completely melted.
Step 4: Make the Ritz Cracker Treats
Stir vanilla extract into the marshmallow mixture, then add the Ritz crackers and stir to combine. Press the mixture evenly into the prepared dish and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Ritz – Use any of your favorite buttery crackers for this recipe.
- Cereal – Use your favorite cereal in place of the Ritz crackers.
- Extract – Add an extra layer of flavor by using other extracts like maple.
If you love marshmallow treats like these, then check out our Lucky Charms marshmallow treats.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Casserole dish
- Microwave-safe bowl
Store these treats in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to a week. For longer storage, open-air freeze the treats, then transfer them to an air-tight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag and freeze for up to 6 months.
- Melt the marshmallow butter mixture at 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval to avoid scorching.
- 2 hours is the minimum chill time, but overnight is even better.
- Don’t overly crush your Ritz crackers. You want them in small chunks, not pulverized.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
They’re a sweet and savory version of Rice Krispies treats that use Ritz crackers in place of puffed rice cereal.
No. In fact, you shouldn’t refrigerate them. It can dry them out.
Simply leave them on the counter until the reach room temperature.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy Ritz? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Ritz Cracker Treats
- 8×8 casserole dish
- storage bag and rolling pin
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- 3 cups Ritz crackers
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 cups marshmallows or to taste (you may want them less marshmallow-y)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease a 8″ x 8″ casserole dish and set aside.
- Crush your Ritz crackers and set aside.
- Combine the butter and marshmallows in a large microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds, stir well, and repeat until completely melted.
- Stir the vanilla extract into the melted marshmallow mixture until fully incorporated, and then stir in the crushed Ritz crackers.
- Press the Ritz-marshmallow mixture into your prepared casserole dish and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Cut into 9 squares and enjoy.