This Slow Cooker Chicken Ramen is tender chicken thighs slow cooked in chicken broth and loaded with vegetables and packed full of flavor. If you are looking to make jazzed up ramen at home this is the recipe for you.
This recipe can be made in the slow cooker for a quick and easy meal. The best part of this recipe is that you don’t have to worry about spending all day in the chicken because the slow cooker does all that work.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- You only need basic ingredients so you don’t have to spend more than your budget.
- The slow cooker does most of the work so you don’t have to worry about spending all day in the kitchen.
- It’s comforting and picky eater approved, so your whole family will love it.
You only need a few simple ingredients to help you make this slow cooker recipe. One great thing about this recipe is that all these ingredients are easy to find at your local grocery store so you don’t have to worry about tracking down costly ingredients.
- boneless skinless chicken thighs
- minced garlic
- matchstick carrots
- red bell pepper
- sugar snap peas
- chicken stock
- soy sauce
- brown sugar
- chicken flavored ramen noodles
- Scallions and hard boiled egg for topping
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Ramen
Making this ramen is super simple. Just follow the steps below or in the recipe card at the bottom of the post and you will have a delicious meal that your entire family will enjoy in no time at all.
Step 1: Add the ingredients to the slow cooker
In your slow cooker add the chicken thighs, garlic, carrots, bell pepper, sugar snap peas, and scallions. Pour over the chicken stock, soy sauce, and brown sugar.
Step 2: Season the broth
Add one chicken seasoning packet from the ramen noodles. And, then stir to combine.
Step 3: Cook the chicken and noodles
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours until the chicken is tender. And, then 30 minutes before serving add the 2 packets of ramen noodles (just the noodles) to the slow cooker and cover. Stir every 10 minutes until cooked through.
Step 4: Boil the eggs – optional
If you like you can serve a soft-boiled egg on top, just bring your water to a boil, place your egg in carefully, and boil for 7 minutes. When the 7 minutes is up place the egg immediately in cold water.
Step 5: Garnish and serve
Garnish with scallions and your sliced egg and serve!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Add some heat to this chicken ramen by adding some crushed red pepper flakes, sliced jalapeno peppers, or cayenne pepper.
- Vegetables – You can also bulk up this ramen by adding your favorite vegetables such as broccoli, bean sprouts, and zucchini.
- Chicken breasts – If you are not a fan of dark meat you can use chicken breasts instead of thighs.
If you love asian-inspired recipes like this one then you may also enjoy these Beef and Broccoli Noodle Bowls.
You will need a few basic kitchen tools to help you make this delicious and tasty recipe. Gather these tools and get ready to enjoy a slow cooker meal with your entire family.
- slow cooker
- wooden spoon
Storage – Leftovers of this recipe can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheating – Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave until warm all the way through.
Freezing – This recipe can be frozen for up to 3 months. Just thaw before reheating. I recommend that if you plan to freeze the soup freeze it without the noodles otherwise they will be mushy.
Here are some tips and tricks to help make this slow cooker chicken ramen even better:
- Use low sodium soy sauce so the soup isn’t too salty.
- Make sure to shred the chicken before serving for the best texture.
- If you want a richer broth, add a tablespoon of fish sauce to the soup for an added layer of flavor.
- For easy clean up, use a slow cooker liner. Then cleaning up is a breeze.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Don’t have a slow cooker, you can make this recipe on the stovetop. Simply add all the ingredients into a large pot and bring to a boil before reducing the heat and allowing it to simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender. And, then add the noodles to simmer for another 5 minutes.
Yes, if you don’t like dark meat then feel free to use boneless skinless chicken breasts. Just make sure to reduce the cooking time slightly as the breasts will cook faster than the thighs.
I prefer to reheat it on the stovetop over medium heat. But, you can also reheat it in the microwave.
🍽 More Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
Do you enjoy slow cooker recipes? If so, then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Slow Cooker Chicken Ramen
- slow cooker
- 1 ½- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ cups matchstick carrots
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas
- 3 scallions chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 packets of chicken flavored ramen noodles reserve one pack of seasoning
- Scallions and hard boiled egg for topping
- In your slow cooker add the chicken thighs, garlic, carrots, bell pepper, sugar snap peas and scallions.
- Pour over the chicken stock, soy sauce and brown sugar.
- Add in one chicken seasoning packet from the ramen noodles.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours until the chicken is tender.
- 30 minutes before serving add the 2 packets of ramen noodles (just the noodles) to the slow cooker and cover.
- Stir every 10 minutes until cooked through.
- If you like you can serve a soft boiled egg on top, just bring your water to a boil, place your egg in carefully and boil for 7 minutes. When the 7 minutes is up place the egg immediately in cold water.
- Garnish with scallions and your sliced egg and serve!