Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Steak Bites deliver a ton of flavor with almost no work. Stew beef, mushroom, onions, butter, and garlic create rich, tender steak bites that are cooked to perfection with the slow cooker.
These steak bites are amazing!! A perfect quick dinner full of flavor! Steak bites slow cook until tender in a sweet and savory sauce made from honey, bourbon, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, garlic, ketchup and a little brown sugar. These are delicious and always a crows pleaser!
We love recipes that are easy and delicious, and these steak bites tick both boxes. With almost zero effort, you can serve up a plate piled high with tender steak bites that everyone will love.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It uses simple ingredients, most of which you already have in your kitchen.
- It’s incredibly easy, and the slow cooker does all the work.
- The tender, juicy beef and mushrooms are full of buttery garlic flavor.
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe, and you’ll find them easily at the store or in your kitchen. The main ingredients are listed here, but you’ll find the complete list of ingredients along with amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Stew beef
- White mushrooms
- Chopped white onion
- Sliced butter
- Minced garlic
- Beef broth
🔪 How to Make Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Steak Bites
Making these steak bites is even easier than getting your ingredients together. In just a few minutes, everything will be in the slow cooker. Then, you just have to wait!
Step 1: Brown the Beef
Brown the beef over medium-high heat in a skillet to get some color.
Step 2: Combine All Ingredients
Add the beef, mushrooms, onions, butter, garlic, beef broth, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
Step 3: Cook
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Step 4: Enjoy!
Serve with rice or noodles and your favorite vegetables.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Add red pepper flakes for a kick of heat.
- A Bit More Color – Transfer the beef and mushroom to a hot skillet with a slotted spoon to get a little more color on them before serving.
- Stew Beef – Use a small pot roast in place of the stew meat for a garlic butter beef roast.
- More Flavor – Use any seasoning you like in this recipe. Steak seasoning works well. You can also add Worcestershire sauce for added flavor.
If you think these look good, then you’ll love our honey garlic steak bites.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Slow cooker
Store these steak bites in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an air-tight container. For longer storage, you can freeze them for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
- For even more delicious flavor, turn the liquid from this recipe into gravy.
- Trim as much fat as possible off of your stew meat to avoid a greasy dish.
- Don’t worry about cooking the beef through when it’s in the skillet. You just want to get a nice color on it.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Stew meat uses cuts of beef like chuck or round that have lots of fat and connective tissue. This allows the meat to get juicy and tender over time.
If for some reason you can’t find pre-cut stew meat, simply buy a chuck or round roast and cut it into chunks.
You don’t have to, but it looks and tastes better. The color you get on the outside of the beef also imparts more flavor because of the seared crust that it develops.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy slow cooker recipes? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- slow cooker
- large skillet
- small bowl
- 2 pounds stew beef
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- fresh parsley or scallions optional
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch if needed
- Add the sesame oil to a large skillet over medium high.
- Add the stew beef and cook until nicely brown on each side. We are not looking to cook the meat through, just brown the outside.
- Add the beef to your slow cooker.
- Combine the garlic, butter, honey, ketchup, soy sauce and oregano together and pour over the meat in the slow cooker, stirring to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours until the beef is tender.
- The beef will take on a dark color because of the soy sauce.
- If your sauce starts to get too thick before the beef is tender add ½ cup of water.
- If your sauce is too thin before serving mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with ¼ of water and stir into the sauce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with rice!
- Garnish with parsley or scallions for a pop of color.