Slow Cooker Gnocchi Soup takes the classic Italian dish and makes it super easy with the slow cooker. This soup is loaded with flavor and makes a heart meal for the entire family.
If you love easy recipes that can feed everyone in your family, then you’re going to be extremely happy with the gnocchi soup. This easy recipe is loaded with flavor, and it’s also super easy to make. That’s a great combo if you ask us!
This slow cooker gnocchi soup is fabulous! Full of flavor and a rich creamy broth this soup is perfect for chilly nights.
We love that it can be made right in the slow cooker. Chicken, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, cream, spinach, gnocchi and parmesan cheese create this luscious soup. I serve this with soft breadsticks and you won’t even miss the restaurant! (you know the one)
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only uses simple ingredients.
- It’s a hearty, rustic Italian soup that’s so easy to make.
- It’s full of delicious flavors that will satisfy the entire family.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this dish. Most of them are pantry staples, but anything you don’t have is easily found at your local grocery store. Check out the recipe card at the end of the post for exact amounts.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Matchstick carrots
- Diced onion
- Diced celery
- Minced garlic
- Italian seasoning
- Chicken stock
- Potato gnocchi
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
🔪 How to Make Slow Cooker Gnocchi Soup
This recipe is incredibly easy to make. The entire thing is made in the slow cooker, so prep time is minimal. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time.
Step 1: Cook the Chicken and Vegetables
Add the chicken, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, Italian seasoning, and chicken stock to your slow cooker. Then, cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
Step 2: Shred the Chicken
30 minutes before serving, remove the chicken and shred it with two forks.
Step 3: Finish the Soup
Add the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker. Then, add the gnocchi and heavy cream and cook for another half hour. Right before serving, stir in the spinach and cheese. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Add a bit of red pepper flakes for a kick of heat.
- Minced Garlic – You can use minced garlic from a jar if you like.
- Chicken Breasts – Try using leftover turkey or rotisserie chicken.
- Peas – Peas make a great addition to this recipe.
If you love the Italian flavors in this soup, then check out our delicious Italian wedding soup.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board
- Slow cooker
Store this soup for up to 3 days in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. Don’t freeze this soup. The cream can separate after freezing, leading to a grainy soup.
- Shred your chicken as soon as you can safely handle it. Hot chicken shreds much better than cool chicken.
- Stir the soup while pouring in the heavy cream to incorporate it more easily and prevent curdling.
- Don’t overcook this soup. The chicken will be perfectly done after 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Gnocchi is an Italian dumpling made with a simple combination of wheat flour, egg, salt, and potato.
Gnocchi has a light, somewhat spongy texture, but it shouldn’t be tough or chewy. It has a simple, potato-like flavor.
Gnocchi gets mushy if it’s overcooked.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy chicken? Then try these delicious recipes:
- Skillet Pineapple Chicken
- Crispy Sour Cream and Onion Chicken
- Slow Cooker Olive Garden Chicken Pasta
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Slow Cooker Gnocchi Soup
- slow cooker
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups matchstick carrots
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 stalks of celery diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 11 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound potato gnocchi
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To your slow cooker add the chicken, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, italian seasoning and chicken stock.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6.
- 30 minutes before you are ready to serve remove the chicken and chunk the chicken up with two forks.
- Add the chicken back to the slow cooker with the gnocchi and heavy cream and cook for 30 more minutes.
- Right before serving stir in the spinach and cheese.