This Slow Cooker Tater Tot Casserole is quintessential comfort food. With Golden tots, ground beef, corn, cheese, and a rich, creamy sauce, it’s a super hearty dinner that’s easy to make and so satisfying.
We do a lot of entertaining, and we always love to serve hearty food that will satisfy everyone. And if you know our friends and family at all, you know we have some big, BIG eaters in there. That’s why we love this quick and easy casserole. It’s loaded with delicious flavor and super easy to make.
This slow cooker tater tot casserole is such a classic dish and we love that we can make it right in the slow cooker. Ground beef, onion, corn, cream of mushroom, sour cream, milk and seasonings all come together to make a delicious filling that gets topped with everyone’s favorite tater tots! Those get topped with cheese for a family friendly crowd pleaser.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It uses just a few simple ingredients.
- It’s an easy slow cooker meal that only takes a few minutes of prep.
- It’s creamy, cheesy, and beefy and loaded with tots!
- Everyone loves a good casserole!
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients that you can find in just a few minutes at your local grocery store. You’ll be in and out and on the way home before you know it. Be sure to check the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
- Lean ground beef
- Diced onion
- Frozen corn
- Cream of mushroom soup
- sour cream
- Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic powder
- Frozen tater tots
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
🔪 How to Make Slow Cooker Tater Tot Casserole
Making this recipe is the easiest thing in the world. You’ll just cook the beef in a pan, throw everything into the slow cooker, and let it go. That’s all there is to it!
Step 1: Cook the Ground Beef
Cook the ground beef in a medium skillet over medium heat until brown and cooked through. Drain.
Step 2: Add the Ingredients to the Slow Cooker
Add the ground beef, onion, corn, cream of mushroom soup, milk, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, and seasonings to the slow cooker and stir. Then, top with a layer of frozen tater tots.
Step 3: Cook
Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours. 10 minutes before serving top with the shredded cheese and replace the lid. Let the cheese melt and enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Add diced jalapenos to the mix.
- Extra Cheesy – Add shredded cheese to the mixture in addition to topping the tots with it.
- Hash Browns – Use frozen hash browns in place of frozen tater tots.
- Veggies – Add your favorite frozen veggies like carrots, peas, or green beans.
If you think this looks good, then check out our cheesy kielbasa hash brown casserole.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board
- Slow cooker
Refrigerate this tater tot casserole for up to 4 days in an air-tight container. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
- Be sure your tots are frozen when you add them to the slow cooker so they don’t overcook.
- This recipe usually doesn’t stick, but you can spray your slow cooker with nonstick spray just to be sure if you like.
- We recommend cooking this on low only.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
A casserole is a one-dish meal that’s baked and served from a casserole dish. It can be layered or mixed. Fun fact, lasagna is technically a casserole!
Place the casserole in a dish, cover it with foil, and bake at 350 for 30 minutes until heated through.
We don’t recommend it. The casserole needs time for all the flavors to meld and for the tater tots to fully cook.
🍽 More Slow Cooker Recipes
Do you enjoy slow cooker recipes? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
- medium skillet
- 6 qt slow cooker
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 12 ounces frozen corn
- 10.5 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon worcheshire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 20 ounces frozen tater tots
- 1 ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a medium skillet over medium high heat, brown and drain your ground beef.
- To your slow cooker add the ground beef, onion, corn, cream of mushroom soup, milk, sour cream worcheshire sauce and seasonings.
- Stir to combine.
- Top with a single layer of tatertots.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- 10 minutes before serving top with the shredded cheese and cover until the cheese melts.