This Slow Cooker Million Dollar Chicken recipe is a rich, creamy chicken dinner loaded with flavor. Tender, white meat chicken and potatoes are slathered in a rich, creamy, and oh, so cheesy sauce. Then, it’s all topped with a buttery, crunchy Ritz cracker mixture.
This delicious chicken recipe will have your tastebuds feeling like a million bucks. We make this rich, creamy chicken recipe at least once a month, and we’ve never gotten tired of it. Ever!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It uses just a few simple ingredients.
- It features a rich and creamy cheese sauce.
- It’s a super easy slow cooker recipe that’s perfect for any occasion.
- It’s rich, hearty, and so delicious!
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe, and you’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store. You probably also have several of them in your kitchen right now! Be sure to check the recipe card at the end of the post for exact amounts.
- Chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- Baby potatoes
- Cottage cheese
- Sour cream
- Cream of chicken soup
- Garlic salt
- Onion powder
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Shopped scallions, divided
- Crushed Ritz crackers
- Melted butter
🔪 How to Make Slow Cooker Million Dollar Chicken
This is an incredibly easy recipe that even beginners can make. It only takes a few minutes of prep, and then your slow cooker does all the work!
Step 1: Make the Creamy Sauce
Combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, garlic salt, and onion powder in a mixing bowl.
Step 2: Cook
Add the chicken, potatoes, and cream sauce mixture to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours until the potatoes are fork tender.
Step 3: Add Cheese
Remove the lid and stir in 1 cup of the shredded sharp cheddar cheese and half of the scallions.
Step 4: Make the Ritz Cracker Topping
Combine the crushed Ritz crackers, melted butter, and remaining shredded cheese and scallions in a mixing bowl.
Step 5: Top and Cook
Sprinkle the cracker mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese is melted. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Add red pepper flakes or diced jalapenos to the mixture.
- Low Sodium – If you’re watching your salt intake, use the reduced sodium cream of chicken soup.
- Scallions – If you don’t have scallions, you can use green onions.
- Cheddar Cheese – Use your favorite cheese in this recipe.
- Ritz Crackers – Use your favorite variety of Ritz crackers for this recipe.
- Bacon – For an even more delicious flavor, add cooked and chopped or crumbled bacon.
If you think this slow cooker million dollar chicken looks good, then we think you’ll love our slow cooker chicken cordon bleu.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowls
- Slow cooker
Refrigerate this dish for up to 3 days in an airtight container. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
- This recipe cooks best on low heat. We don’t recommend trying to cook it faster on the high setting.
- The easiest way to crush your Ritz crackers is by pulsing them in a food processor. You can also place them in a resealable bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Be sure your Ritz Crackers are crushed but not pulverized. You want them a bit chunky.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Million dollar chicken is a chicken casserole made with chicken breasts, a creamy cheese sauce, and a crunchy, buttery Ritz cracker topping.
Million dollar chicken gets its name because it tastes like a million bucks.
Absolutely! Slow cookers were designed to cook food slowly, that includes meat.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy chicken? Then try these delicious recipes:
- Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken
- Stovetop Chicken Noodle Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwiches
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Slow Cooker Million Dollar Chicken
- slow cooker
- small bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- food processor – optional
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 1 ⅕ pounds baby potatoes
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 10.75 ounces cream of chicken soup
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 6 scallions chopped, divided
- 1 sleeve ritz crackers I used garlic butter flavor, crushed
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- Add your chicken and potatoes to the slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, garlic salt and onion powder.
- Stir the the cottage cheese mixture into the slow cooker combining with the chicken and potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Stir in 1 cup of shredded cheese and half of the chopped scallions.
- In a mixing bowl combine the crushed crackers with the melted butter and remaining shredded cheese and scallions.
- Sprinkle the cracker mixture all over the top and place the lid back on for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted.