Spicy Black Bean and Rice Enchiladas- delicious comfort food for my family. When everyone in the family loves it you know it has to be good!
Spicy Black Bean and Rice Enchiladas are soft tortillas filled with mexican rice and black beans that have been cooked in a yummy Mexican inspired tomato sauce. First you start some Jasmine rice that you cook with some taco seasoning mix. I use my own homemade taco seasoning recipe. You can find it here https://mariasmixingbowl.com/homemade-taco-seasoning/.
Then you cook the black beans with some of the taco seasoning in some olive oil for about 5 minutes.
Then you add in the tomatoes and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
Once the black beans and tomatoes have cooked you mix half of the mixture inthe rice with 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/2 of a squeezed lime. then you start rolling out your Spicy Black Bean and Rice Enchiladas!
Lay your Spicy Black Bean and Rice Enchiladas in a baking dish and cover with the remainder of the bean and tomato mixture and the sprinkle 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese over the top.
Spicy Black Bean and Rice Enchiladas are so delicious and perfect for a meatless monday night!
Just look at all the yumminess!! And that’s before it’s even cooked!
Spicy Black Bean and Rice Enchiladas are filling so we usually serve with a salad to keep it lighter.
Spicy Black Bean and Rice Enchiladas are delicious with sour cream, avocado and a squeeze of lime on top!
Make these Spicy Black Bean and Rice Enchiladas today!!
Spicy Black Bean and Rice Enchiladas
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup jasmine rice
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning mix https://mariasmixingbowl.com/homemade-taco-seasoning/
- 1 15 0z can black beans (about 1 1/4 cups ) rinsed
- 1 14 oz can whole san marzano tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream more for topping
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 -8 flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degreesIn a medium pot combine rice water, taco seasoning and salt to taste. Bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat to low and cook for about 12 minutes more.While the rice cooks rinse beans, place the tomatoes in a bowl and crush them with your fingers.In a medium pan add 2 tsp olive oil. when oil is heated add beans and 2 tbsp taco seasoning. cook for about 3 minutes then add tomatoes. Continue to cook for about 3-4 minutes. Add half of the bean mixture to the rice and add 1/2 cup sour cream and the juice of 2 lime wedges. Mix together.Diving the rice filling between 6-8 flour tortillas. roll them up and place them in a baking dish seam side down. top with remaining beam and tomato mixture then top with monterey jack cheese.Bake for about 12 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes. Serve with extra sour cream, lime, tomatoes, avocado or any toppings you like.