This Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwich cake is a quick and easy ice cream-based dessert that’s rich, sweet, and full of delicious strawberry flavor.
When we need an easy, sweet treat for a party, a potluck, or just because, we’ll make this delicious ice cream sandwich cake. It’s super easy to make and so sweet and satisfying.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only uses 4 simple ingredients.
- It’s an easy recipe that’s ready in just minutes.
- It’s sweet, creamy, and loaded with strawberry flavor.
- It makes a fantastic weeknight dinner dessert or addition to any gathering.
This recipe only requires 4 simple ingredients to make, and you’ll find them all in the frozen section of your local grocery store. These simple ingredients are listed here, but you can find the exact quantities in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Strawberry cheesecake ice cream sandwiches – unwrapped
- Cool Whip – thawed
- Strawberry ice cream topping
- Fresh strawberries – sliced
🔪 How to Make Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Making this cake is just as easy as hitting the grocery store to get the ingredients. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps.
Step 1: Layer the Ice Cream Cake
In a 9×13 baking dish, add half the ice cream sandwiches and layer half the Cool Whip evenly over them. Then, drizzle with strawberry ice cream topping. Add the remaining ice cream sandwiches and Cool Whip in that order.
Step 2: Cover and Chill
Cover the cake with plastic wrap and chill for a minimum of 3 hours until firm.
Step 3: Serve with Strawberries
Cut the cake into slices and serve frozen topped with fresh, sliced strawberries.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Ice Cream Sandwiches – Use any variety of ice cream sandwiches you like for this recipe.
- Add Strawberries – Mix chopped strawberries into the Cool Whip before spreading.
- Chopped Nuts – Chopped nuts are great in this recipe.
If you think this strawberry ice cream sandwich cake looks good, then we think you’ll love our other ice cream sandwich cake.
- 9×13 baking dish
- Plastic wrap
Store the ice cream cake in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just make sure to keep it covered tightly to keep freezer.
- 3 hours is the minimum chill time for this ice cream sandwich cake but overnight is better.
- Be sure you spread the Cool Whip out in a nice, even layer for the perfect look and chill.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
An ice cream sandwich cake is a layered frozen dessert made with layers of ice cream sandwiches and Cool Whip.
If you don’t freeze your cake long enough, the middle won’t set up.
Make it with your favorite ice cream sandwiches, Cool Whip, and your choice of other ingredients like strawberries, maraschino cherries, and nuts.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy ice cream? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- 9×13 glass baking dish
- 24 strawberry cheesecake ice cream sandwiches unwrapped
- 16 ounces Cool Whip thawed
- 10.75 ounces strawberry ice cream topping
- Fresh strawberries for topping sliced (use as many as you like)
- In a 9×13-inch pan, place 12 of the ice cream sandwiches in a single layer.
- Scoop half of the Cool Whip onto the ice cream sandwich layer and spread out evenly.
- Drizzle the strawberry ice cream topping over the Cool Whip.
- Add the remaining 12 ice cream sandwiches in a single layer.
- Scoop the rest of the Cool Whip on top of the cake and spread out evenly.
- Cover the cake with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 3 hours until completely firm.
- Top the cake with slices of fresh strawberries.
- Cut the cake and serve frozen.