Stuffed Chicken Breast with Prosciutto and Cheese – is perfect for weeknight meal or fancy enough for company.
Stuffed Chicken Breast with Prosciutto and Cheese this simple recipe is not only delicious but so easy to make. And you can really use anything you happen to have in the fridge for the meat and cheese filling.
I have use many different cheeses and almost any ham type meat will work. My favorite is prosciutto and gruyere cheese. And I always seem to have both of those in my fridge. I have also used peppered ham and swiss cheese.
Stuffed Chicken Breast with Prosciutto and Cheese will be one of your new favorite chicken dishes!
Seriously anything you happen to have on hand will go nicely in this chicken. Use your imagination and I’m sure you will come up with a couple of delicious combinations.
Stuffed Chicken Breast with Prosciutto and Cheese
- 6 chicken breast pounded to about 1/2 in thickness
- 3 thin slices prosciutto cut in 1/2 so you have 6 pieces
- 6 slices of cheese
- 6 -8 Tbsp flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 3/4 cup of chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place 1/2 slice of prosciutto or other ham and a slice of cheese in the chicken breast and roll up and secure with tooth picks.
- Season flour with salt and pepper
- Place chicken breast in egg then place in flour until lightly coated
- Pour about 1/4 cut olive oil in a med skillet. Heat until just hot, add chicken breast and cook about 2-3 minutes on each side. Place chicken in a casserole dish.
- Pour broth in bottom of casserole dish and bake 30 minutes uncovered to finish cooking chicken through.