These super easy cheesy Crock Pot Scalloped Potatoes and Ham are everything you want in a meal. It’s a cinch to make rich and hearty and a dish everybody loves!
I mean creamy, cheesy, and Oh, so flavorful. You will want to make these! So if your craving the stick-to-your-bones kind of comfort meal that tastes amazing, you’re in the right place!
The ease of this recipe alone will have you quickly adding them to your list of go-to recipes list. Crock pot scalloped potatoes and ham are seriously delicious! We can’t get enough.
Make this dish with your family, I promise they are going to love it. If you have little ones they can help in prepare the dish it’s so easy.
During the winter months, our slow cooker becomes one of our most used cooking tools. Helping us to create those comfort food dishes we all know and love. Not only have we been using it and perfecting dishes in it for years, but we’ve also grown to trust the recipes we make in it.
Did you know your slow cooker can be used in so many ways to help make dinner easier and dishes even yummier? We use it for breakfast, lunch, and of course dinner for so many different recipes.
A couple of ways to use your crock pot:
I mean really it’s our all-time favorite kitchen tool, and you can pretty much get them from anywhere. They’re also not super expensive, you don’t have to break the bank for your slow cooker appliance. If you don’t have one yet, you want to get one, they come in different sizes to fit your family size too.
(the slow cooker also helps if you have littles helping in the kitchen you won’t have to worry about them touching a hot surface)
It definitely serves its purpose with this dish, slow cooking the potatoes, letting the cream and cheese meld and melt together for that flavor texture every taste bud wants. Making this scalloped potatoes and ham a delicious dish all made easily in the crock pot!
Scalloped potatoes and ham recipe
We love anything with both potatoes and cheese, it’s really the ultimate meal in and of itself. Throw in a protein like ham and, we are in 7th heaven. One of the great things about this recipe, you can also have it as an entree or side dish.
Or pair these scalloped potatoes with so many other proteins. We love to make it with baked chicken, turkey, or a nice salad.
We normally make this recipe when we have leftover ham from another dinner to make it just that much easier to throw together. When I say it’s easy I mean easy. This easy recipe is made up of ingredients you normally have on hand. Potatoes, cheese, cream, and your favorite seasonings.
Your family will love the scalloped potatoes and ham in the crock pot!
We know they are normally made in the oven. Making these in the slow cooker gives you room to make your baked chicken or a dessert in the oven. While giving you the ease of not having to hover over the oven and watch the meal cook to ensure it’s done.
Whew, that is a weight lifted. Am I right?
We all know preparing for a meal makes an easy dinner, effortless. So you’ll want to grab your ingredients and start checking them off your list. Before you start your slow cooker you can cut your potatoes and onions and have everything in your arms reach for when you are ready to pour them into the slow cooker.
You can also prep the majority of your ingredients the night before to prepare to cook this meal during your day.
Now let’s make sure this is the best dish with a few tips:
- Be sure to use a larger potato that you can get good slices out of, we used Russet but you can use other potatoes if you like.
- Spray or butter your slow cooker to ensure your potatoes don’t stick.
- Be sure you know if your slow cooker runs high heat. ( this dictates cook time)
- Use any ham that you on hand or grab your favorite from the store.
- Cut everything up in a nice size piece to ensure that your able to sprinkle it all the way through and still taste it with the rest of the ingredients.
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
Now, let’s talk about the CHEESE, we loovvvee cheese and this dish gives you all the cheese flavor. We like to go with cheddar cheese but you can of course add your favorite in this recipe. A smoked cheese may also taste really good in this recipe.
The way the slow cookers melts the cheese you’ll wonder why you didn’t add more when you prepared your ingredients.
Can I use a different protein?
Yes, of course. Please note cook time, adding a different protein may change what you set your slow cooker to.
- Can I make this without the ham?
Yes, this would make a perfect side dish. Serve it along chicken, pork, steak or anything else you might like.
Crock Pot Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
This easy to make crock-pot meal can be served not only for dinner but for a breakfast or brunch too. It’s perfect for a family gathering or Christmas morning breakfast. Crock pot scalloped potatoes and ham along side an omelette or scrambled eggs and your other brunch goods! Perfect breakfast foods
Scalloped Potatoes And Ham Storage
This slow cooker meal can definitely be stored for a later meal for both individual and family amounts. You want to store individual portions in an airtight storage container inside the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If you’re looking to freeze you’ll want to put the remaining cooled leftovers in an airtight bag and store them for up to 6 months.
Delicious Ham and Scalloped Potato Recipe
This meal not only tastes great but, it’s an economical, easy weeknight or weekend meal and there is minimal clean-up. How could you go wrong with this one?
Satisfy your craving for easy and delicious comfort food with this crock pot recipe. A delicious ham and scalloped potato recipe that is sure to please everyone!
OTHER RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
Crock-Pot Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
- 3-4 lbs. peeled and thinly sliced Russet Potatoes
- 1 Large peeled and thinly sliced Yellow Onion
- ¼ cup Flour
- 1 lb. diced cooked Ham
- 6 ounce shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 6 ounce shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 8 ounce Cream Cheese small cubed,
- 2 can Cheese Soup
- 1 cup whole Milk
- 1 teaspoons Sea Salt or to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 4 slices Bacon
- 1/4 cup Green Onion
- Peel 3-4 lb. of russet potatoes and allow them to soak until they are ready to be sliced. When slicing the potatoes, slice them to ⅛ in. thick.
- Thinly slice 1 large yellow onion.
- Dice 1 lb. of cooked ham. ( not deli ham)
- Shred 6 oz. of Cheddar Cheese.
- Shred 6 oz. of Monterey Jack Cheese.
- Cut 8 oz. of Cream Cheese into small cubes.
- Slice ¼ cup of fresh green onions.
- Chop 4 pieces of cooked bacon.
- Combine two cans of cheese soup with one cup of whole milk and mix thoroughly. Set the mixture aside.
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker withcooking oil.
- Turn on the slow cooker, and set it at HIGH temperature. Set the timer for 6 hours. Depending on the temperature of your slow cooker, it may take 6-8 hours to fully cook. You will know the scalloped potatoes and ham are done when you can easily press a butter knife to the bottom of the crock with little effort.
- Layer the bottom of the crock with potatoes. Each layer will be constructed in the following fashion:
- Potatoes Onions Salt and Pepper Sprinkled flour Ham Shredded cheese*Be sure to spread the ingredients evenly across each layer of potatoes.
- Halfway through the layers we will add two new ingredients…cream cheese cubes and ½ of the cheese soup mixture. Be sure to save ½ of the cheese soup mixture for the top layer. The middle and top layers will be constructed as follows:
- Potatoes Onions Salt and Pepper Flour Cream cheese cubes Ham Shredded Cheese Cheese soup mix (½)
- Continue layering the remaining ingredients in the same order as step 4.
- On the final/top layer, evenly spread the remaining cheese soup mixture. Top with additional shredded cheese and sprinkle with fresh chopped green onion and chopped bacon.